Wands? Titanium or Carbon Fiber | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
After 5 years of porty cleaning, and finally getting a Prochem Legend, I thought it would be an easier job.
Not necessarily so!
The beast wand I got with my machine, combined with a 2" hose to the wand is brutal!
I thought, no problem, I'll get used to it.
Wrong!
6 months later, it still kicks my ass, so it's time to get a different wand setup.
I experimented with the last 50 foot of hose, going to an 1 1/2" hose, which was easier, but I lost a LOT of air flow, it was seriously noticeable.
I'm thinking titanium or carbon fiber, with a glide of course, and definitely a 14" head.
Before starting this thread, I did some searching of the forums, and came across one members comments regarding the Mytee Bentley with a swivel head, and he was not happy with how the swivel head held up, and needed expensive repairs, and he referred to the wand becoming unsightly?? Not sure what he meant, but I'm guessing nicks and dings.
What are your preferences, and why?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
After 5 years of porty cleaning, and finally getting a Prochem Legend, I thought it would be an easier job.
Not necessarily so!
The beast wand I got with my machine, combined with a 2" hose to the wand is brutal!
I thought, no problem, I'll get used to it.
Wrong!
6 months later, it still kicks my ass, so it's time to get a different wand setup.
I experimented with the last 50 foot of hose, going to an 1 1/2" hose, which was easier, but I lost a LOT of air flow, it was seriously noticeable.
I'm thinking titanium or carbon fiber, with a glide of course, and definitely a 14" head.
Before starting this thread, I did some searching of the forums, and came across one members comments regarding the Mytee Bentley with a swivel head, and he was not happy with how the swivel head held up, and needed expensive repairs, and he referred to the wand becoming unsightly?? Not sure what he meant, but I'm guessing nicks and dings.
What are your preferences, and why?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
do you have a glide on yiur wand?

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
No glide yet Omar.
Just for the heck of it, I weighed my porty wand and my tm wand today, the tm wand weighs just short of 11 pounds and the porty wand is 8 pounds.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I haveva vt 12 just sitting in the corner collectng dust. It has a temp gauge and site glass, glide etc.. pretty light and practically new. Id be willing to sell it cheap.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Personally I would just X the carbon fiber off your list. The new Bentley is significantly different than my older carbon fiber model which I recently moth balled. The carbon fiber 2 inch tube still looks pretty good, but the swivel and the vacuum manifold are bad and it was a pain to even attempt to keep the vacuum manifold looking good. Nobody can honestly attest to the durability of the new swivel yet. It just hasn't been out long enough. The titanium wands will give you the lighter weight and along with a good glide should ease your cleaning considerably. Even putting a glide on your current wand can make a huge difference if you ever need it for a back up. I do personally like having a swivel wand. It makes getting into certain areas and around furniture much easier.

Also, you ought to know, that the parts for the new Bentley I think are much more reasonably priced than they were on the carbon fiber. That was one of the first things I looked at when they came out. Right now I'm still using the original stainless steel Bentley with swivel and high pressure top mounted gun handle. It is so well built I probably can't wear it out, but may eventually upgrade to something lighter. It is made of pretty heavy steel and weighs maybe 12 or 13 lbs. Still not too bad to use with the teflon glide on it, but it is a bit heavy, specially if you have a lot of wanding to do.

You might want to carefully check this out before you buy the Bentley. http://mytee.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/8314T-6-3-2016.pdf

Last edited:

Robert Johnson

Oct 30, 2016
Real Name
robert johnson
I haveva vt 12 just sitting in the corner collectng dust. It has a temp gauge and site glass, glide etc.. pretty light and practically new. Id be willing to sell it cheap.
is it carbon fiber ???

Robert Johnson

Oct 30, 2016
Real Name
robert johnson
Personally I would just X the carbon fiber off your list. The new Bentley is significantly different than my older carbon fiber model which I recently moth balled. The carbon fiber 2 inch tube still looks pretty good, but the swivel and the vacuum manifold are bad and it was a pain to even attempt to keep the vacuum manifold looking good. Nobody can honestly attest to the durability of the new swivel yet. It just hasn't been out long enough. The titanium wands will give you the lighter weight and along with a good glide should ease your cleaning considerably. Even putting a glide on your current wand can make a huge difference if you ever need it for a back up. I do personally like having a swivel wand. It makes getting into certain areas and around furniture much easier.

Also, you ought to know, that the parts for the new Bentley I think are much more reasonably priced than they were on the carbon fiber. That was one of the first things I looked at when they came out. Right now I'm still using the original stainless steel Bentley with swivel and high pressure top mounted gun handle. It is so well built I probably can't wear it out, but may eventually upgrade to something lighter. It is made of pretty heavy steel and weighs maybe 12 or 13 lbs. Still not too bad to use with the teflon glide on it, but it is a bit heavy, specially if you have a lot of wanding to do.

You might want to carefully check this out before you buy the Bentley. http://mytee.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/8314T-6-3-2016.pdf
Im looking for a carbon fiber wand ?? Bob 732-492-3300

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Do you still have the wand for sale?