Wand storage in truck mount van | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Wand storage in truck mount van

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
Tried searching threads, but can't seem to find anything. I've been storing my carpet wand and stair tool on the floor of my van between jobs, but this tends to be rough and takes up valuable floor space.

Ideas on wand storage? Floor brackets, roof, wall? Seems I saw a video Rob did way back with a drop down pull out roof mounted wand/groomer storage, but no plans on how to make your own.

It's going on a Chevy express extended, with cds and rear mounted hydra cradle do I have lots of space in the middle and kinda want to keep access from middle and rear both open

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Some of my vans have hose hooks on the side of a 3 tier shelf, some of my vans we just roll it over the solution reel and it rests on the reel at the bend

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
I bought a few hose hooks today, great easy fix. Do you bungee the wand to these to keep them from slapping around? I think hooks on the wall might be a good spot for my spinner too

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
On the shelves they just kinda lock in with the hooks i have. They dont give the wand any room to move around

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
The hooks, yes, I put some on the truck today, but what about the wand. Just wondering if the bouncing around makes the wand jostle, or of a hard brake might get weird.

Either way, I bought enough to hang a few hoses and wands