Wand keeps losing pressure even with water full

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mhinds02

Sep 7, 2018
Real Name
Michael hinds
At first when we got under half water we would lose almost all water pressure while cleaning . It would cut in and out making everything a pain. Now we lose most pressure just after a clean or two while water is still around 75% full. The wand itself has started leaking from time to time near the trigger .. anyone have any ideas what wrong??
MVIMG_20180907_102410.jpg

Attachments

Mhinds02

Sep 7, 2018
Real Name
Michael hinds
These are the "Could-Be's":

1. Foreign QD's that do not match up thereby starving flow.

2. Pump valves worn require rebuilding.

3. Water too hot producing cavitation.

This might be a good start---?----

I forgot to add the hose is getting very very hot , more so than normal lately as well

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
South Central........Tennessee
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States
Is that pump working? Those little shurflo pumps will overheat and shut off as they age or the pressure switch messes up.

When you lose pressure, how much water is in the small holding tank at the back of the unit?

Does it lose pressure when hooked straight up to a garden hose versus running from your supply tank?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'd make sure the pump that feeds the fresh water is putting out properly first thing. Unhook it and put in a bucket with an open hose. It should pump very near it's rated amount. If it's rated 5 gallons per minute it should put out very close to that in exactly one minute. The pumps rating should be on the label.

I'd also disconnect the fresh water and feed the machine directly with a hose and see if the problem goes away. At least then you know the machine isn't causing the problem. Make sure there are no clogged filters going into the machine. I'd say either the machine is being starved for water or you have a clogged or closed shut thermal valve which will cause it to get too hot. I've only had one thermal valve go bad in the closed position. When it did the water in my water box got boiling hot!

If the wand valve is leaking it simply needs a rebuild kit. If it's leaking out the top of the valve it's because the tiny o-rings are worn out. That's a very common valve Westpak valve so you should have no problem getting a repair kit. https://www.ebay.com/i/322646547442?chn=ps