Wand for cleaning under beds | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Wand for cleaning under beds

VCCleaning

Jun 27, 2011
Real Name
Isaac Flood
Business Location
United States
I was trying to locate a good wand for cleaning under beds. I was told that there are stair tools with swivel heads that can be used in this way. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I have a Bentley wand with a swivel head that can get pretty well under the bed. But I don't go all the way under it if that is what you're looking for. Just go a few feet is all. Are you trying to clean completely under the bed?

T

TheEyeball

I have a swivel head stair tool. I guess you could use it to get under beds. Never thought of using it that way. It's so much easier to just lie and say I got under the bed.

VCCleaning

Jun 27, 2011
Real Name
Isaac Flood
Business Location
United States
I saw the Bentley online. I was curious how far under it got. I am trying to clean all the way under. It would be helpful in tight rooms to have something that could do the job. I've seen some 36" stair tools with a swivel head. Just not sure if they work well enough. Concerned that if they angle to much the wand will not lay flush enough to actually extract the moisture.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I saw the Bentley online. I was curious how far under it got. I am trying to clean all the way under. It would be helpful in tight rooms to have something that could do the job. I've seen some 36" stair tools with a swivel head. Just not sure if they work well enough. Concerned that if they angle to much the wand will not lay flush enough to actually extract the moisture.

I'll try and test my Bentley out under a bed today. Have a job this afternoon. The thing is though, I normally don't go all the way under a bed. Just catch the first couple feet on the ends. Johnny

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

If someone wants all the carpet under the bed cleaned I tell them to strip all the bedding off and I will stand the mattresses up and clean underneath. It actually only takes a couple minutes to do and is quite easy, I am sure it would be faster and easier than trying reach under with a wand.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
If someone wants the carpet under their bed cleaned I tell them to call Todd...

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
I have the Bentley, and NO it will not go all the way under the bed and clean properly. If you want it clean properly. Move the bed clean and move it back, other than that, never seen anything that will clean PROPERLY under the bed, unless you want to lay on your stomach and use a stubby stair tool.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I had a tool specially made for under beds. It worked great. I only needed 3" of clearance and I could reach 40" under the bed. I think it was made by PMF. They might have one in their catalog. They used to be common 20 years ago. But too many cleaners used Eyeball's suggestion and did not clean under the beds. Wands did not sell and went the way of the dinosaurs.

The swivel head tools work pretty well but are pricey.