Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
The time to cast your vote for the annual TMF Member of the year is here, we asked for your nominees and you delivered. This year instead of listing everyone that was mentioned in the nominee thread in the poll we narrowed it down to 5. Some had been mentioned many times in the thread and the staff communicated as well to come up with a list of the 5 we feel are worthy and well deserving for the member of the year. The 5 are as follows:

@jtsunbrite -a veteran of our industry that wows us with his before and after pictures of his work and money shots

@keep it clean -a great source of information that always seems to find his way into threads when members need help with great advice and tips

@Jim Davisson -a veteran of our industry that has been there and done that and gives us no BS replies and information that has helped many

@wandwizard -a veteran of our industry that has been on TMF for years and has earned our respect with information and help

@AZHome&Carpet -a staff pick as an up and coming member that is always looking for ways to improve and has been very active on TMF that has gotten many members involved with his interesting threads and posts.

Ladies and Gentlemen these are your 5 candidates for the 2018 TMF Member of the Year, please vote and if you want to comment and lobby for who you voted for feel free.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Man seriously thank you but take me off the list. I surely don’t to take any attention off the guys who actually help everyone. If there was a vote for knucklehead of the year I’d accept it. I voted for Keep It Clean cause he sticks his neck out so much for newbies, and I appreciate that a lot.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Man seriously thank you but take me off the list. I surely don’t to take any attention off the guys who actually help everyone. If there was a vote for knucklehead of the year I’d accept it. I voted for Keep It Clean cause he sticks his neck out so much for newbies, and I appreciate that a lot.
You have been good for the forum, believe it or not but you starting threads and asking questions has helped others.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
My vote was for Jim Davidson but most likely he will win this, I thought about it and I gave my vote to AZHome&Carpet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thanks Fedri! You also helped me a lot. There’s a few that really don’t care about popular opinion and honestly do what it takes to help and encourage. I really appreciate it.
I know a lot of guys here don’t support the IICRC but I went for my cert for carpet tech this mth, last mth attended rug cleaning with Scott w. Between all I’ve read here and school it’s helped me a ton. Personally think the IICRC classes are super under rated but I’ll post that else where. The forums been a awesome launch pad, and has opened up new connects and things it would of taken me forever to learn.

You have been good for the forum, believe it or not but you starting threads and asking questions has helped others.
Thanks man. Sometimes I feel like I’m just ticking people off! Lol Cool thing is not giving up, or giving in, I finally feel like the step child that earned his dues, lol I do think a lot more people benefit then comment because they are afraid to feel stupid, lol
Appreciate the moderators on here.. thx again.
I’m a winner just knowing I survived the 160 question cert test!
HOPE I PASSED!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I have not voted yet, but I will after this post...aka...speech. LOL
At first I thought that this would be easy but I have to tell you....We TMF members are so frigging lucky to have these guys and other here with us, so easy it is not. That said here is how I view all of the nominees.

1- Jeff. What can I say. We have soooooo much in common. We both worked for Rainbow International. We both did tons of dye jobs and tons more carpet installation/repair work. I would LOVE to spend a day with Jeff, installing 500 yards of 63oz interlocking weave woolen while drinking beer and talking politics just to know who would quit first. HA HA. Then set it on fire.

2- Keep It Clean. We come from the same area basically, so that's cool. And let me tell you....He knows his shit. We have much in common as well and I would have a blast working with him. I picture us running up those stairs like Rocky did...only I push him backwards on the second to last step. Eh...I gotta do what I gotta do. Seriously I am honored to "know" him. A super guy.

3- Jim D. What can I say...
He makes MacGyver look like a wet behind the ears rookie in training. We all know that Jim knows his shit, that's a given. What fascinates me about Jim is what we DONT KNOW. All I can say is this....If ever there is truly a time machine built, Jim will be the one who built it. And I want to take the first ride....To good ole 1955.

4- Wand Wizzard...aka...Randy. If Randy was a weapon of war he would be a submarine. Silent and deadly. What we get from Randy is top notch answers to some serious questions. No boasting and seeks no fame. Just a heavily knowledgeable guy who I would hire, or work for any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Even this Old Vet has learned quite a bit from him. Good job pal.

5- AZ-I'm not sure how to respond about AZ because he's a new kid on the block and does t really know a whole lot. BUT, he asks some damn good questions and is not shy about it, nor afraid of what others may think. He reminds me of myself when I first got started. I was originally taught everything wrong and failed miserably because of it. But that didn't stop me. I seeked out knowledge and learned much on my own. Same with AZ. He is fresh and I believe will be a master at his trade one day. Just not today.

*My Honorable Mention*
Common Janitor. And ole Ed is anything but "common" and all of us know it. He has forgotten more than most know. He's an old fart like m.....Jeff. LOL. And he's my Intercontinental Champion.

And that's all I have to say about that. Good luck guys.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have not voted yet, but I will after this post...aka...speech. LOL
At first I thought that this would be easy but I have to tell you....We TMF members are so frigging lucky to have these guys and other here with us, so easy it is not. That said here is how I view all of the nominees.

1- Jeff. What can I say. We have soooooo much in common. We both worked for Rainbow International. We both did tons of dye jobs and tons more carpet installation/repair work. I would LOVE to spend a day with Jeff, installing 500 yards of 63oz interlocking weave woolen while drinking beer and talking politics just to know who would quit first. HA HA. Then set it on fire.

2- Keep It Clean. We come from the same area basically, so that's cool. And let me tell you....He knows his shit. We have much in common as well and I would have a blast working with him. I picture us running up those stairs like Rocky did...only I push him backwards on the second to last step. Eh...I gotta do what I gotta do. Seriously I am honored to "know" him. A super guy.

3- Jim D. What can I say...
He makes MacGyver look like a wet behind the ears rookie in training. We all know that Jim knows his shit, that's a given. What fascinates me about Jim is what we DONT KNOW. All I can say is this....If ever there is truly a time machine built, Jim will be the one who built it. And I want to take the first ride....To good ole 1955.

4- Wand Wizzard...aka...Randy. If Randy was a weapon of war he would be a submarine. Silent and deadly. What we get from Randy is top notch answers to some serious questions. No boasting and seeks no fame. Just a heavily knowledgeable guy who I would hire, or work for any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Even this Old Vet has learned quite a bit from him. Good job pal.

5- AZ-I'm not sure how to respond about AZ because he's a new kid on the block and does t really know a whole lot. BUT, he asks some damn good questions and is not shy about it, nor afraid of what others may think. He reminds me of myself when I first got started. I was originally taught everything wrong and failed miserably because of it. But that didn't stop me. I seeked out knowledge and learned much on my own. Same with AZ. He is fresh and I believe will be a master at his trade one day. Just not today.

*My Honorable Mention*
Common Janitor. And ole Ed is anything but "common" and all of us know it. He has forgotten more than most know. He's an old fart like m.....Jeff. LOL. And he's my Intercontinental Champion.

And that's all I have to say about that. Good luck guys.
Amen my friend, do have to admit between Scott W, Doug the Cobra, and TMF I’ve got a good start ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCarpetVet

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Now, now, now. There, there, there. It's alright honey. Dont you worry. I'm sure one day you'll find a very nice, young bro of your own. :p
He already did. Larry.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I've had the great honor to get to know Jim personally, and all I can say is what you see here is reality.

He really IS that good, that smart, and that blunt.

But he's friendly, too, never met a stranger and is always willing to share knowledge. He's not 'threatened' by ANYTHING, and is quite willing to help a new guy get on his feet.

Every time he comes to visit, I feel like we're hosting royalty.

Jim, I'm so very glad to see that you're impacting not only our local NC boys, but having an influence all across the country (dare I say the world?) through Rob's forum. It's an honor and a privilege to know you, and I can't think of anyone more deserving this year than you.

Go get those fishies, dude. You've earned a helluva break!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
voted for jim,

Give jim a pack of rubber bands, some wire, some plastic, and some wheels and he can build you a mytee machine

The same way Mytee builds 'em.

Just kidding, John :)