Vortex lite | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Vortex lite

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Well I played around with it on a carpet job today, I need to do more testing. With my hydroforce plugged in there wasn't much of a PSI drop, but using my Rotovac it was losing pressure all the way down from 500 PSI to 100 PSI, which doesn't make a ton of sense to me, this particular pump should be able to keep up.
Could be those crap kinked garden fresh and dump hoses your using.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
TM and portable flow specs in the brochure is not reality, not even close, it's lies. I suggest you remove your jets and measure 60 seconds into a bin with your normal amount of solution line. This will be your system gross with your current configuration. Then you can start altering things around the pump, hoses and finally the wand to get up there.

Kleerite sells ⅜" Neptune with ¼" ends for portable users (phone order only). A great value with no adapters necessary for $1.50/ft in any length you want. My portable has 3 gpm open flow and will make a TM look stupid with a stacked live reel of ¼" solution line. You have to run insane pressure for ¼" solution line to tote the mail. I run a true 2 gpm to the floor with my TM and let me tell you about the difference in cleaning power, it's night and day if you have the vacuum to go with it. I had to run ⅜" copper tubing from the valve to the jet manifolds to finally see an improvement to the floor with everything else taken care of before it. I put fuel line over it to retain heat and protect my hands.

View attachment 89494
Would you say pressure is at least 50% better with 3/8 hose and .25 ends? Vs .25 hose and ends

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Wasn't auto fill and dumping today, dont see how that would affect the PSI anyways.

PSI was fine on the hydroforce, so either it cant keep up with the flow on my 3 jet rotovac or theres a different problem.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Wasn't auto fill and dumping today, dont see how that would affect the PSI anyways.

PSI was fine on the hydroforce, so either it cant keep up with the flow on my 3 jet rotovac or theres a different problem.
Magic wand has excellent customer service I'd deff give them a call on Monday. Is there any sort of internal pressure or flow slowerdowner somewhere in the machine? Or clog?

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Would you say pressure is at least 50% better with 3/8 hose and .25 ends? Vs .25 hose and ends
Flow is remarkably better at 400 psi keyed with the TM. With a 14 flow wand and the parallel pumps in our portables I'm getting 1.75 gpm @ 150 psi keyed. The results are so amazing that I don't ever go from the TM to the portable and feel like it has diminished capacity. The portables clean fast as hell. I only run ⅜" TM or portable, it holds 60% more water in the line already pressurized ready to go. Here's a calculator that will give you an idea of what I mean at any length. Once you clean with it for a day and experience real power to the wand you will never go back pissy ¼" I guarantee it. Many parts of jobs become 1 pass cleaning. We save 25% cleaning time on every job and time is money. If you have some pressure washer hose laying around the shop you should mess around and try it for free one day for yourself.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

The rotary has considerable flow, simply pressure feeding the pump (hooking it directly to a sink with no freshwater tank) will immediately improve things. Look at the intake hose on the pump, if it has ⅜" threads use ½" hose minimum. Opening up the intake side is an immediate boon. Most pumptecs have 2 inlets, they can both be plumbed to the freshwater tank if you wanted to let gravity feed the pump a lot easier. There are other things that can be done as well.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
sounds like should have got the vortex heavy

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
not too long ago in a galaxy not too far away you all thought this was great

IMG_20121106_003655.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Is that supermans baby capsule?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
The vortex can operate fine from the driveway.

Hundreds and hundreds of jobs inside and yet to have an auto fill incident.

View attachment 89570
I had an incident over the summer it was in my van and after setting up I come out and still hear it filling I’m like wtf...

turns out a hose of mine got tangled around the float leaving it open.

when I opened the driver door the water came out!

somehow I avoided disaster and learned a lesson. That job ended in a 5 star review and a $40 tip lol

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
you would have thought it was how the TMF brain trust was virtually jerking off each other about this thing
how long ago was that thing coming out?