Vortex lite | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Vortex lite

RickyZ

Jan 13, 2020
Real Name
Ricky Zuniga
anyone use the Vortex lite? looking for your input and your experience with it. I'm contemplating purchasing one. Thank you!

Reactions: John LaBarbera

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I've not used one, only seen videos. But it does look like a nice portable. I'll be interested also of what owners/ users say.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I have never seen or used this machine but I can give you my complete detailed examination of it.

Did I tell I stayed at a Holiday in Express last night

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Etms sound so cool till I read stuff like it needs 1 19amp and one 17amp, where u gonna find that in commercial or resi? One on the dryer and one on the stove ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
bathrooms and kitchen plugs are 20 amps, I've never had a problem unless it was very old wiring in the house.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
bathrooms and kitchen plugs are 20 amps, I've never had a problem unless it was very old wiring in the house.
Yes and commercial you should be good I think they are mostly 20 amp.

Pretty sure that Mytee lite has dual LX motors.

Similar to airhog lx can suck dirt and water from carpet and tile good.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes and commercial you should be good I think they are mostly 20 amp.

Pretty sure that Mytee lite has dual LX motors.

Similar to airhog lx can suck dirt and water from carpet and tile good.
Commercial is 20a unless its a old home converted. But outlets are far apart. 1 Cord a mile to the right the other a mile in opposite direction to the kitchenette. Unless you plug into cubicals. Ive blown out quite a few of those

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well I dont run a heater with portables typically so I avoid a lot of breaker issues

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Well I dont run a heater with portables typically so I avoid a lot of breaker issues
With that much power how far of hose runs do you typically use?
Are all out let's in kitchens 20a? Or just the one for the stove and microwave?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Worked well for the carpet, not great for the tile in this scenario. Had a difficulty with a loose wire but overall I give it a 4 out of 5 stars for usability, power and auto fill / dump.

Attachments

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My biggest praise is the vac motors kept up with my rotovac even at 100ft. My biggest complaint is everything is tightly compartmentalized together it was difficult to fix the wiring issue and I couldn't reach into the waste tank to clear a clog around the pump out

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Worked well for the carpet, not great for the tile in this scenario. Had a difficulty with a loose wire but overall I give it a 4 out of 5 stars for usability, power and auto fill / dump.
How does the vacuum compare to your tm?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
My biggest praise is the vac motors kept up with my rotovac even at 100ft. My biggest complaint is everything is tightly compartmentalized together it was difficult to fix the wiring issue and I couldn't reach into the waste tank to clear a clog around the pump out
What wiring issue did you have?

Why wasn't it great for tile in this scenario?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The lead wire for the outside plug was loose in the socket , it became loose and lost power to Vac 1 and the Pump, took a bit to diagnose but that was my fault for being unfamiliar with it.

The power is good, my truckmount is an Apex 570. So for carpet they are comparable, obviously the truckmount is still much higher CFM at 400 vs 200 on the Mytee but compared to other portables I've tried I think the Mytee would be a great residential and commercial carpet option. Truckmount obviously also produces heat, I could've cleaned the same carpet probably in half the time with my truck mount.

The pump though rated 800 PSI wasn't getting the very heavy soiled tile clean for me fast enough. We ended up dual wanding the off the truck and was much faster.

Reactions: Fedri

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The lead wire for the outside plug was loose in the socket , it became loose and lost power to Vac 1 and the Pump, took a bit to diagnose but that was my fault for being unfamiliar with it.

The power is good, my truckmount is an Apex 570. So for carpet they are comparable, obviously the truckmount is still much higher CFM at 400 vs 200 on the Mytee but compared to other portables I've tried I think the Mytee would be a great residential and commercial carpet option. Truckmount obviously also produces heat, I could've cleaned the same carpet probably in half the time with my truck mount.

The pump though rated 800 PSI wasn't getting the very heavy soiled tile clean for me fast enough. We ended up dual wanding the off the truck and was much faster.
If a outlet feels loose and your plug falls out or wobbles. Dont use it. It will burn up drawing that many amps. By burn up i mean it can catch fire. You can bend your prongs outward a little to hold better. But if it still feels loose find another outlet.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It was where the male prongs are on the machine itself, the hot wire was loose, simple fix, just had to screw it tighter lol, but took me about 30 minutes to diagnose initially.

Reactions: keep it clean

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Gotcha.

With heat how similar would cleaning times be to your tm?