VLT and VLP Cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VLT and VLP Cleaning

Aaron Green-N-Clean

Feb 3, 2018
Real Name
Aaron Baum
So my Question is what do you guys do to professionally clean Vinyl Luxury Tile/Plank? I have seen videos of guys basically cleaning them like carpet with using nutral pre-spray, crb to scrub, and wand with glide to rinse and extract. I know some of the manufactures state that you should use "no power brush" on the flooring.
I am sure you could scrub it with a 175 and a white pad or a bonnet instead of a CRB.

Thoughts?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I've cleaned a little LVT. Prespray with a good neutral cleaner, scrub with a white pad, extract, buff a little with a cotton bonnet. I've encountered it once in a commercial setting, auto scrubber with a red pad. It was fine. Just don't start stripping and waxing the stuff, that seems to be where people get into trouble.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
1000 psi? I was worried that would be too much pressure.
Me too... I wonder if he's thinking about grouted tile. You were talking about the decorative vinyl thats glued to the floor right? Has a factory applied finish on it? I'd think 1,000 psi would damage that finish.

Aaron Green-N-Clean

Feb 3, 2018
Real Name
Aaron Baum
1000 psi? I was worried that would be too much pressure.
Me too... I wonder if he's thinking about grouted tile. You were talking about the decorative vinyl thats glued to the floor right? Has a factory applied finish on it? I'd think 1,000 psi would damage that finish.
Yes the new stuff (last ten years or so) that is glued down, or that locks together. It is a great surface that is getting more and more popular because it is water proof. I know you don't strip and wax or refinish it, because that would ruin it. I have a old storage room at our church I am going to test on. I will let you know the results. I am going with neutral pre spray, crb to scrub, and just hot water rinse and squeegee extract. maybe a light bonnet if I think it needs it afterwards to polish and remove anything that was left behind.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The machines like Dirt Dragon, Lindhaus or KArcher that are used to clean wood floors do a wonderful job on LVT and LVP. Use Hydro-Force Wood Fresh Neutral cleaner or another neutral cleaner.

I have also seen Brush Pro and Dry powder used to clean some of these floors, good results.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
The tile planks we pre spray, CRB, then extract.. always cleans up very easy
what kind of pre spray? ph?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Always go with a neutral pH on hardwoods.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Always go with a neutral pH on hardwoods.
They were talking about lvt I do believe.

what’s your process on hardwoods using the neutral cleaner??