VLM yes going to the dark side!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VLM yes going to the dark side!!!

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Well not completely but am adding it to my arsenal. If I did this on my own I would have quit day one but thanks to people like @Ryankettering, @Paul Brown and others I feel I cut the learning curve some.

Even my Wife was happy with the results of yesterdays fam rm, man cave, and hallway clean up! She loves the RV and has seen what it can do so to hear her say it looks very good was getting the (y) from my toughest critic.

I've done a few houses but where very lightly soil. Been practicing at home room by room not impressing my wife much until now. Though my carpet is not bad the before and after really show and either it wows or just looks OK. Got to say it really stood out yesterday and when I came home it poped even more to the point my Wife said I was going to call you earlier to tell you the carpet looks really good. (OH NO) Shes even going to the dark side. So no befores didnt think it would be this good as the others have just been OK.

Pre vacuum
pre spray (sorround ultra)
dirt napper in the middle I used a MF bonnet
corners with agitator/cotton bonnets
Post vacuum

Last night after I was done

20150309_065339.jpg

Today after I got home.

20150309_171205.jpg

I can tell you this is the entrance to the house and gets dirty all the time... never got this clean with bonnets in my past attempts like this.

20150309_172358.jpg
20150309_172410.jpg

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Welcome to the dark side. It is nice over here. What you find out when you hit commercial, you do not have the hot water of HWE to melt spots out anymore so your chemical weapons better be good. I carry Vacaway spotters when encapping. Spot and boost green, PIG and Hel Gel. Hel Gel is made for encapping and will harden unlike anything else. It helps get those nasty chewing gum wads out.
PIG for asphalt and heavy oils. Spot and boost as a first attempt on most every spot.
Enjoy, you can make a great hourly rate encapping!

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Welcome to the dark side. It is nice over here. What you find out when you hit commercial, you do not have the hot water of HWE to melt spots out anymore so your chemical weapons better be good. I carry Vacaway spotters when encapping. Spot and boost green, PIG and Hel Gel. Hel Gel is made for encapping and will harden unlike anything else. It helps get those nasty chewing gum wads out.
PIG for asphalt and heavy oils. Spot and boost as a first attempt on most every spot.
Enjoy, you can make a great hourly rate encapping!
yes actually confidence with this type of cleaning is up and enough to start offering as an option and already bidding on commercial. I got my vacaway sample pack and also got a case of omega. A med soil is my next test in sight...

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Also, Surround Ultra probably smells the best out of any product I have used.

Nowadays you really can't go wrong with any of the big 3 company's?

Vacaway, Releasit, and Bonnet Pro all make great products and stand behind them...which is great for the end users like us.

Reactions: Mike Habib

Andy MC

Mar 26, 2009
WA
Real Name
Andy McFadden
Business Location
United States
DO your self's a favor, try a gallon of the new procyon extreme for your vlm ing, ,,

it is among best(maybe thee best) vlm cleaners I ever tried, just add peroxide for the pee jobs, and add some tea tree oil to make it a deodorizer.

Reactions: Enge and alexus

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Tea tree oil...............really?...............you bet.

spod

Dec 5, 2013
I'm going threw the same situation just bought a CRB last month and want to provide encap services.
My question is.
What should I say on my advertising?
VLM, Very Low Moisture, Encapsulation, fast drying methods.
What wording will attract customers the most?

Andy MC

Mar 26, 2009
WA
Real Name
Andy McFadden
Business Location
United States
If all you have is a crb, don't do it. you will be fine on some jobs , but will also embarrass your self on others,, you need to have a way to pul soil on residential, so combine a rotary with cotton pads to follow your crb . Or you can screw around with compound on high soiled areas.

None of those words above will resonate with customers, all they understand is "dry carpet cleaning" and "wet carpet cleaning" anything else just confuses them. Just tell them you offer a "dry cleaning method" then tell them the benefits of it,

Fast drying, reduced chances of wicking, doors can remain shut, basically its more convenient and less intrusive.

It makes the carpets look real nice, and stay clean longer etc., don't go down the path of saying it cleans better,
you will find it hard to explain that,,unless you are willing to lie.

spod

Dec 5, 2013
If all you have is a crb, don't do it. you will be fine on some jobs , but will also embarrass your self on others,, you need to have a way to pul soil on residential, so combine a rotary with cotton pads to follow your crb . Or you can screw around with compound on high soiled areas.

None of those words above will resonate with customers, all they understand is "dry carpet cleaning" and "wet carpet cleaning" anything else just confuses them. Just tell them you offer a "dry cleaning method" then tell them the benefits of it,

Fast drying, reduced chances of wicking, doors can remain shut, basically its more convenient and less intrusive.

It makes the carpets look real nice, and stay clean longer etc., don't go down the path of saying it cleans better,
you will find it hard to explain that,,unless you are willing to lie.
I mainly bought the CRB for agitation for HWE, but now that a got it thought encap would be and additional service. I was just thinking for commercial jobs only. Apartment hallways and etc.

Mainly I want to show customers that I also provide the fast drying method type of cleaning.
My competition that only provide VLM cleaning always rant and rave on and on in there adds about it, and I kinda just wanna say to customers " ya we have that service too."

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Funny you call it the dark side as it leaves carpets darker than HWE. Haha just kidding. HWE will stay my main stay but VLM will be a main stay tool.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Funny you call it the dark side as it leaves carpets darker than HWE. Haha just kidding. HWE will stay my main stay but VLM will be a main stay tool.
Ha Ha...silly Me...I thought he wuz teaming up with 6Figga!