VLM - Lets Talk! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VLM - Lets Talk!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
My guess is, by the time you scrub 5k sq ft with the CRB, you'll be kicking yourself for not buying the Cimex instead. I'm in awe of you guys who can command prices of $5k+ for 16,000 sq ft. Enjoy that because there are very few places in the country you can get it. Well, I know you don't have the job yet, but you seem pretty confident.
I'm sure it either not all carpet. Or is for yearly maintenance with multiple cleanings. I doubt he is charging $0.30+ per ft.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Dry chem cleaned it last time and they paid $8500.00 for only 12000 sqft...I added another 4000 sqft ( separate building ) I could not believe they got that much.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Dry chem cleaned it last time and they paid $8500.00 for only 12000 sqft...I added another 4000 sqft ( separate building ) I could not believe they got that much.
WOWEE..Never believe it if it didin't come from you Rob..

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
With a recent purchase of a cimex I have been going full force into commercial. I had professional flyers designed and printed and every week I pick a business category and mail them out. The response has been a little slower then I expected but the constant push will pay off over time.

My biggest headache has been the amount of effort it takes just to finally get to the cleaning step. My commercial job last night was a great example. I did measuring for a large 3 story building. They came back and said no thanks. Then a week after that they needed it done ASAP. So I line up one tech and two helpers. Then they only need 2 floors one. So now I need one tech and one helper. Then its just one floor, so I end up doing it myself. It takes at least 25 emails back and forth to get it scheduled. I explain the need to have the place prepped somewhat, of course it wasn't. I cant complain, 3 hours for $700 using a cimex is great, but I need to work on getting more systems in place.
It is true especially when dealing with large corporations.

The good news is you are selling programs of $1-3K a year.
Not $150 jobs...

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Just put a bid in for a 16000 sqft building for a client I currently work with. Had to collect 3 bids cuzz they have to for all services over 5k. Think I will get it because I have a existing working relationship with them. If I get it I will be buying a strong 20 " crb. I choose this cuzz this tool is something that can be on my van at all times. A very versatile tool. If I did a shit ton of commercial work I would've chose the cimex. But I don't so I wont
If they are an existing client and you know they want you to do then arrange to do it on two or three different invoices, a PO for each. That gets them under the 5k hurdle and you dont have to worry about competing.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
If they are an existing client and you know they want you to do then arrange to do it on two or three different invoices, a PO for each. That gets them under the 5k hurdle and you dont have to worry about competing.
More than one way to Skin a Catfish eh Brah?

Reactions: suncarpet

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You still using matrix Ds2? How you liking it? Is that qwikdry stuff what you use on spots?
Oh LORD...Convince yo Self ?..Buy a Friggin TMount kids..Save the others for OTHER Situations..There is NO Comparisons..

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
O

OMG and DIM SUM...FUNNY BRO! Dat Bucket's a BEAUT...Sez Professionalism ALL over it? Ya Think..
!
hey this is how i make a living dave..bet there are many that wish this pile of pads was what there yearly equipment maintenance consisted of.. jus sayin

Reactions: aloha one

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Oh LORD...Convince yo Self ?..Buy a Friggin TMount kids..Save the others for OTHER Situations..There is NO Comparisons..
You gone plum crazy. I gots me a TMount. And 400 feet of suck yo face off vacuum. and enough heat to boil water on Neptune.:p:p
I do vlm high rises though and some hotels. I use a milk crate though. we be stylin in the 318

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
Ya but there is a lot more to cleaning carpet than a dog and pony show. lol

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
You still using matrix Ds2? How you liking it? Is that qwikdry stuff what you use on spots?
I do like it. It works well for us. We had no choice but to do it this way. The client wanted crb cleaning only.

We use this on large spots.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1417784926.666194.jpg

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
I have truckmount a too, this client specified crb cleaning only and we complied.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
AS the old Scouting motto states "Be prepared!"
Rental unit yesterday. Dog crap in the shag in 3 bedrooms. Dog crap stains and urine in the basement cement.
TM on the carpet, 45 minutes
Orbitec OP machine and a white burnishing pad to scrub the cement pad while the carpet is being cleaned. Then 20 minutes to rip over the cement with the hard surface cleaner.
I like having all options covered, now that I can afford to.