Viscose upholstery cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Viscose upholstery cleaning

Nikolovskidzon

Jan 4, 2021
Real Name
Nikola Nikolovski
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here and wandered if any of you know how to clean viscose upholstered furniture. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have a picture of the tag that came with one piece I came across today. I've tried Haitian cotton foam but with 0 results.
Thanks and enjoy your weekend!
Cheers!
Nik
IMG-20210604-WA0000.jpg

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Most of us old timers on here will often say those "Recommended Cleaning Labels" should be ignored. I've been cleaning S only fabrics with wet cleaning for over 33 years since 1987. That label should not be ignored on that particular fabric. Clean at your own risk and know this, if you damage it you just might wind up buying it. Even if you have GL insurance they will not help you and for very, very good reason. In case you don't know this, almost no GL helps if you mess up anything you work on. It doesn't matter what it is. My advice on that piece is to walk away. I'm not saying it can't be cleaned, but it would be EXTREMELY easy to do PERMANENT DAMAGE especially if you get it wet. That S ONLY on the label means what it says and says what it means. Count yourself lucky at least that label is accurate.

Last edited:

Nikolovskidzon

Jan 4, 2021
Real Name
Nikola Nikolovski
Most of us old timers on here will often say those "Recommended Cleaning Labels" should be ignored. I've been cleaning S only fabrics with wet cleaning for over 33 years since 1987. That label should not be ignored on that particular fabric. Clean at your own risk and know this, if you damage it you just might wind up buying it. Even if you have GL insurance they will not help you and for very, very good reason. In case you don't know this, almost no GL helps if you mess up anything you work on. It doesn't matter what it is. My advice on that piece is to walk away. I'm not saying it can't be cleaned, but it would be EXTREMELY easy to do PERMANENT and IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE especially if you get it wet. That S ONLY on the label means what it says and says what it means. Count yourself lucky at least that label is accurate.
Thanks for the advise, really appreciate it.
I did, actually go away. Another question, is there a way to learn how to clean those "sensitive" fabrics? Or do you maybe know someone who knows how to do it here in Toronto area?
Thanks again.
Hope some more newbies will profit from this thread.
Cheers!