Viscose rug crunchy after cleaning. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Viscose rug crunchy after cleaning.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Plenty of grooming. We do a few small viscose rugs in our hands-on rug washing class. You should attend. Next one is in San Diego Nov 7th - 9th .

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Not exactly a pro move on the reclean, but I guess they "fixed it".

I know what you mean about leaving a sawtooth pattern, in a vacant it's money... In an occupied, not so much. I still scrub across the row from left to right being right hand dominate, but adjust the dry stroke from right to left for the customer. Resting b!tch face is definitely not getting a perfect sawtooth pattern.

Just to be clear the above picture was from the original cleaning. I didn't get a picture after it was cleaned and supposedly groomed again, but she was not totally happy with it then either. She said it didn't look as bad and was not crunchy. She wound up putting it under the bed in her master bedroom to hide most of it. :( She said there were 2 identical rugs. I never saw the other one.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
My niece sent me a picture of her rug after it was cleaned. I'm sure the cleaner who cleaned it was trying to do a good job but clearly didn't know a thing about viscose. From what she has told me it sounds like they corrected the issue. Personally, I would not put wand marks in an area rug, but that goes triple for viscose! I'm finding personally that not everyone likes wand marks on their carpet either. I recently had a complaint about it myself from one of my customers that's been with me for many years. I had no clue she didn't like them until she asked me to make a special trip to remove them! Those marks don't come out easily on all carpets, particularly polys.

View attachment 78165
She needs to file a claim. Viscouse can also loose color. Id have them correct the issue or reimburse for a replacement but she should not wait long to file.