video games | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

video games

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I Actually am a huge nerd (surprise) Games are just another section in my media tank. Currently consisting of about 15 terrabytes of media including 600 dvd titles, 80 bluray titles, 700 cds, something like 100,000 retro games for , nintendo, super nintendo, sega master, sega genisis, playstaion 1, playstation2, psp, Gamecube, wii, and various arcades` as well as about 100 pc games all accessable through either Kodi media center or Gamex frontends... My library is perpetually expanding and some day its all going into a massive NAS.
That is one hell of a colection, maybe you can upsell bootleg dvds to your custys;)

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Miss playing from time to time but I can't afford to anymore.
I know time gets scarce but depending what you play you might want to set aside some time weekly maybe.

This is just my opinion and certain studies back it up and certain ones disagree. Certain games are good for brain health. COD may not be the best but it still works on reaction time, pattern recognition, strategic thinking, (and I'm not sure if it has a technical name but the ability to track multiple moving targets).

I just think it's good to keep your mind pushing forward.

In our business we do use our heads a bit trying to come up with original ideas, but it's different that having a mental workout.

My game of choice is league of legends. It's so fast paced and you have to anticipate your opponents and know their spells, track the cool down times (the time between spell uses) it's a workout.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I Actually am a huge nerd (surprise) Games are just another section in my media tank. Currently consisting of about 15 terrabytes of media including 600 dvd titles, 80 bluray titles, 700 cds, something like 100,000 retro games for , nintendo, super nintendo, sega master, sega genisis, playstaion 1, playstation2, psp, Gamecube, wii, and various arcades` as well as about 100 pc games all accessable through either Kodi media center or Gamex frontends... My library is perpetually expanding and some day its all going into a massive NAS.
I'll send you some externals, copy all that for me and send it back lol

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I had a ps3 last year I hacked and installed games on it... But sold it when I was broke, still have about 32 ps3 games on hard drive ready to go when I get another one... Or saving them for the inevitable ps3 emulator which should be functional sometime in the next 3 to 5 years.
My buddy did that to my xbox. I almost sold it but then realized it had the evidence that it was tampered with and decided to just let my dad use it for Netflix and Hulu access

Reactions: owenscott

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I liked my ps3, never hsd a problem with my kb/ m convertor. Seems like xboxone doesnt like it. I may switch over to ps4, trade in my xbox.
I hate to say it BUT ... keep both. I have both in my living room. When i brought he ps4 in to the living room the first time the xbox one gave it a stare down ... but there is room here enough for both of them.
So i wouldnt callem friends they tollerate being in the same area together.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I guess it's lucky your customers can't download your services for free. Some d-head could have 15terabytes of hot water extraction saved up, and you'd be working for free. Do you work for free?
Its part of the deal when working in that industry. You know some stuff is going to be copied. Some stuff will still be bought. If you make it good enough AND cheap enough (steam) most will buy it to avoid the hassle of having to crack it.
Or price it high enough u get ur money back no matter who pirates it. Both models work well.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I hate to say it BUT ... keep both. I have both in my living room. When i brought he ps4 in to the living room the first time the xbox one gave it a stare down ... but there is room here enough for both of them.
So i wouldnt callem friends they tollerate being in the same area together.
They have a deal now that if i hand in my xbone and $180 you can get a ps 4. I cant hold on to both, the depreciate to much. So i would get my moneys worth only keeping one. Plus you have to pay for both networks.. im still thinking about it..

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Plus i have a gaming comp that im not using at the moment.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I guess it's lucky your customers can't download your services for free. Some d-head could have 15terabytes of hot water extraction saved up, and you'd be working for free. Do you work for free?
Let me ask you this.... How much do you think a copy of braveheart is worth right now on the open market? :smug: If you answer was "it isnt worth shit" then you have my explanation for the open world of media piracy...

at least 90% of my collection are dated movies that most people would not pay a dime to watch because everyone has already seen it, My video games 75% are games from consoles that are discontinued and a large percentage of those games can not even be found in an original cartridge copy. I have arcade games from the 70's on there... I call it preservation and so does the rest of the emulator community.

Im also quite addicted to collecting digital media obviously and there is no medication for this addiction....:whistle:

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Let me ask you this.... How much do you think a copy of braveheart is worth right now on the open market? :smug: If you answer was "it isnt worth shit" then you have my explanation for the open world of media piracy...

at least 90% of my collection are dated movies that most people would not pay a dime to watch because everyone has already seen it, My video games 75% are games from consoles that are discontinued and a large percentage of those games can not even be found in an original cartridge copy. I have arcade games from the 70's on there... I call it preservation and so does the rest of the emulator community.

Im also quite addicted to collecting digital media obviously and there is no medication for this addiction....:whistle:
You can rationalize however you like, bottom line is its theft. I don't own an album, game or movie that I didn't pay for. Braveheart is worth what someone will pay for it. I'm pretty sure the movie company isn't giving it away yet.... You said(bragged) you've got tons of media that you got for free. I just think it's wrong to steal content.

No worries if you're ok with it.

We all have our addictions...mine isn't legal either...Yet.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Don't worry everything will be legal...eventually

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I bought a MSI laptop and just for fun downloaded black ops 3...holy crap PC game graphics are insane on a gamer PC

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
You can rationalize however you like, bottom line is its theft. I don't own an album, game or movie that I didn't pay for. Braveheart is worth what someone will pay for it. I'm pretty sure the movie company isn't giving it away yet.... You said(bragged) you've got tons of media that you got for free. I just think it's wrong to steal content.

No worries if you're ok with it.

We all have our addictions...mine isn't legal either...Yet.
Who says I dont own an original copy of all of it mm? :hungry:

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Actually a lot of musicians have quite a different outlook on piracy... This year portishead sold 34,000,000 streams... Sounds like some cheddar right... Portisheads take after taxes was $1700 dollars...

The labels sell the music so cheaply and take their massive cut so that musicians no longer make money selling music.... The only way bands make money in todays market is live touring.

There is an understanding among many artists that they must take their intellectual works and release them on their own labels if they hope to earn even a meager profit from album sales... But they also Know where the money is at...

Hollywood...dont even get me started bro... actors getting payed 50 million dollars for a role? I dont see any A list actors crying about piracy....

What money are they losing? production companies lose money on a film when the film is shit... It will be on the web and be torn apart by the rotten tomato geeks before it even has time to generate a break even point...

I call that justice...

The real income for movies happens at the box office... dvd release are basically just royalties at that point... And how many times have you gone to the movies blown 50 bucks and walked out pissed off because the film was crap? Internet solved that problem real quick...

Another well made point is that just because a movie was pirated does not actually mean that money was lost when that copy was viewed....If piracy were not available it doesnt mean one would have actually purchased that film on dvd because the individual may not feel the film was worthy of paying for. They may have viewed it for free by other means or never viewed it at all....So the producers and mpaa never lost a dime on that pirate copy...

I can tell you I have streamed tons of cheesy ass B rate movies I would never in a thousand years pay to watch such as sharknado....

"Internet piracy could actually be beneficial for mass media. If you pirate, then consider this question – how many music artists and TV shows have you discovered through illegal means that you would’ve glossed over otherwise?

Piracy allows us to discover media that we would’ve otherwise skipped. It could be argued that Internet piracy is actually what placed some bands and TV shows on the map thanks to word of mouth. Perhaps without piracy, they would’ve faded away into obscurity."

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
hopefully black ops 3 will be good. didn't like the last 2 call of duty games they came out with. the old black ops 1&2 were great. ghost I played maybe 3 maps and said fk this. Battlefield 4 is my game. I'm addicted to that one.
I like it so far.

Reactions: keep it clean

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I dont know bout you But I like my tv shows commercial free... I stream the walking dead every week... Not because I cant afford cable but because I hate commercials more then satan and george bush put together....:)

The world of piracy is crawling to a slow now actually thanks to blazing web speed most people just stream everything....Commercial free and free of useless screens such as fbi warnings and mpaa warnings...The people have spoken, we hate that shit and life is better without it...No subliminal brainwashing messages for me thanks....

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
hopefully black ops 3 will be good. didn't like the last 2 call of duty games they came out with. the old black ops 1&2 were great. ghost I played maybe 3 maps and said fk this. Battlefield 4 is my game. I'm addicted to that one.
I got used to ghost and advanced warfare, but ive been waiting for bo3. Bo2 has to be the best.