Video Editing Software | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Video Editing Software

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I don't like Youtubes editing software, can anyone recommend another free or cheap video editing program that's easy to learn, use and effective?

I'm wanting to edit some of my footage into short demo videos for my website and promos

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Have you seen that video I did on the crb? We did that with a 10 buck app on a iPad in about an hour.

Reactions: ronman

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Torrey, I don't have an i phone, i pad or i anything, so that's why I started this thread.

Steve, I really don't want to drop $100 on video editing software right now, my slow season is kicking in, so I'm trying to prepare for that.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Torrey, I don't have an i phone, i pad or i anything, so that's why I started this thread.

Steve, I really don't want to drop $100 on video editing software right now, my slow season is kicking in, so I'm trying to prepare for that.
Etch a Sketch?...

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
You're in the US, and in JUNE your slow season is kicking in?

$100 is extremely cheap for video editing software. The real stuff is thousands. I spent $600 on my iPad, and it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Think about this. HARD.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Seriously though, target was selling iPad mini for 299 best deal ever, you could make great videos with it.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

do you have windows 7 computer??
If you do you don't need to buy anything
download windows live software and use movie maker. it is more powerful than you may think

are you in a mac use i movie drag and drop and movie is done

Reactions: ronman and Torrey W

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

I made this video with movie maker in about 25 minutes. I think it is good enough

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
I was looking at an iMovie tutorial the other day. I don't have time to get into the learning mentality right now, way too much is happening. This winter it might be nice to play with some. In the meantime, I'm getting as much video and pics as I can.

Adobe Elements is the basic version of their more advanced creative suite. Most of the functionality, at a fraction of the price.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Martin, that's pretty decent. Will Movie Maker let you lay some music over top of it?
Yes, it does I don't know how to use it yet i just used the functions that are no brainer and came up with it. Like you, when i have the time to play with it, I will be able to do better transitions, music, voice over and what have you. I mean I'm not a Videographer I just want people to see my real world results in a decent video

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Mr Martin Sanchez nice video, and great job

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Pinosan

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
almost 6k adobe creative suit
I can get it for free, but I was told it's complicated to learn, and I'm not up to learning new tchnology now.

Martin, I think I have Movie Maker on my computer, is it ez to learn?

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
You're in the US, and in JUNE your slow season is kicking in?

$100 is extremely cheap for video editing software. The real stuff is thousands. I spent $600 on my iPad, and it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Think about this. HARD.
My county loses 50-60% of our population in May every year.
I don't need to think hard, doing video's is not a big priority right now, just something I'd like to do.
For every $100 I have, there are about 10 different places I would sooner put it, most of them being marketing avenues.

Mojo Stain Remover

Mar 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Mojo Stain Remover
I have windows movie maker and it was very easy to learn and use. There are several videos on youtube that can help you figure it out and learn how to use it. Thats how i learned how to use mine.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I have windows movie maker and it was very easy to learn and use. There are several videos on youtube that can help you figure it out and learn how to use it. Thats how i learned how to use mine.
Good call, I'm playing with it now, if I can figure out a few more functions, it's going to be perfect for what I need.

Thanks to all who posted here!!

Reactions: Joseph Rogers