Very weird house call pro glitch? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Very weird house call pro glitch?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Really weird, this morning I get a call from a local number and house call recognized it as someone in our database so it shows on the caller id overlay house call uses displaying the customers name

When I answered the call it was a robot trying to sell me vacation packages

I hung up and called the number back and it was my customer who had no idea how that could have happened.

Wondering if somehow the housecall server was breached? or possibly some app on her phone she installed?

anyone else using house call have anything like this happen? basically a robot was able to place a call from her phone number to me.

@HouseCall Pro

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
skynet-google.png

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Do you ever get a call and it is no one there? I think these robo-dialers are then grabbing your number when this happens and then calling someone else locally with that number. I used to add these robo-dialers to my blocked list but now I'm not sure if I should as they are hijacking real people's numbers who could be potential customers. I hate them I get like 6 to 8 robo- calls per day.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Please stop what you are doing and listen to this important message

Who gets this call guys? I have blocked it like 20 times ans I always get it from a different number

Reactions: Dane West

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The robos with no one on the line is likely a large call center that has software constantly calling #s, then if there is no marketer in the room able to answer when you answer then it hangs up

Ive gotten robo calls with local numbers before, but never a number that is still active and belongs to someone I know.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Is it a call saying you get a free roo

Anthony Fowler

Aug 30, 2014
nc/sc line
Real Name
Anthony fowler
what exactly is spoofing ? I was getting about fifty calls a day and they all said i was calling them, basically it was tying my line up. I was wondering if it was another company doing it to tie my line up. I had to change my number.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
House call is the best thing i have done for my business in a long long time. :)

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
The robos with no one on the line is likely a large call center that has software constantly calling #s, then if there is no marketer in the room able to answer when you answer then it hangs up

Ive gotten robo calls with local numbers before, but never a number that is still active and belongs to someone I know.
Yeah, they originally started about seven years ago by using active Google voice numbers, but technology has seen improvements and now they can pretty much us most local numbers. No shame. I usually stayed on long enough to get a call back number report that number as someone spoofing...

VividCleaning

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
www.vividcleaning.ca
Real Name
Roland Oskalns
Business Location
Canada
They use phone number masking. It is called Phone spoofing they use software to display fake number. they can call your cell and it will display your home number if they knew it. They will usually use number that is similar to your.

Reactions: Dane West

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States