Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Okay so I cleaned for a customer of ours a week ago, and ended up getting a call back yesterday because one of the hallways were "soaked" in the basement.

Upon arrival, Sure enough one of the back hallways in the basement was damp... to the point that there were a quite a few visably wet spots up and down this 6 or 7 foot section of hallway. I checked the rest of the halls, rooms in the basement and there was nothing... no wetness at all... not just to the touch but also with my little two pronged pad tester... absolutely NOTHING outside of this one hallway.

It's been... again... 6 days since I cleaned.

Am I missing something, or am I right in being completely confused on what the hell happened?

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Unless you pressure washed the hall with no extraction I would be looking around for a water leak.
That's what I thought Todd? I mean... I'm not the brightest light bulb in the shed but it would have taken me leaving these carpets SOPPING wet... JUST in that hallway... to have the carpets be spotting wet a week later.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
They have a water heater in the room next to the hallway, and the bathroom that they are remodeling, but I saw no indications that either of them had a leak issue. (no stains or immediate water marks on the concrete). I'm leaning towards a foundation leak personally.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
They have a water heater in the room next to the hallway, and the bathroom that they are remodeling, but I saw no indications that either of them had a leak issue. (no stains or immediate water marks on the concrete). I'm leaning towards a foundation leak personally.
That is what I’m thinking.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
What ever the issue is I’ll bet my last ten dollars they know exactly what has happened.
There trying to get a reclean insinuating that it was something you did.
Ask them if it makes sense to paint a wall and every wall is dry except one spot on one wall. And not just wet but soaked.
This doesn’t make any logic at all.
UNLESS your clean water line leaked before you turned off the pressure.

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
What ever the issue is I’ll bet my last ten dollars they know exactly what has happened.
There trying to get a reclean insinuating that it was something you did.
Ask them if it makes sense to paint a wall and every wall is dry except one spot on one wall. And not just wet but soaked.
This doesn’t make any logic at all.
UNLESS your clean water line leaked before you turned off the pressure.
I had thought that too. Did the water heater leak over the weekend and they just didn't want to pay to extract it? Concrete in the heater room is dry though, and the pattern of where the water is is odd as well... I've dealt with floods before but its almost as if the water is coming up from the bottom... there's no real "Wetter areas and drier areas."
wet.JPG

I didn't take any pictures (should of) when I stopped by yesterday but this part of a picture I found on line is the closest thing I can find.. It's literally spots. Smaller spots than this one but up and down the hallway.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I've seen several things that caused flooding in basements. One that could be the culprit and would explain why it's not flooding right now is the outside water faucet. See if there's one near the flooded area. If someone turned that faucet on say to wash their car or even water some plants outside since you cleaned it would flood only while the faucet is turned on. So, they flood the carpet w/o even knowing it. I've seen this a lot around where I live. Hook a hose to it and turn the water on then pinch off the hose and listen for anything inside the wall. Another possibility is a sump pump down their not working. There's is almost no possibility this was caused by your cleaning the carpets. There is a water source somewhere. I've seen water get in through windows and even go down the wall and enter after a hard rain too. At any rate I suspect some kind of a clean water source caused that.

Earlier this year one of my customer's had a water line rupture going into their home and flooded their basement. Never seen that one before.

Reactions: Scott W