VCT STIP AND WAX

GrimeKings

Jul 3, 2012
Real Name
Mario Rodriguez
customer called today and wants me to strip and wax his vct, I have never done this type of work. I dont want to lose the chance to clean his tile and grout. How do you do this type of work and how do you price it. PLEASE HELP...

akleenerimage

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
www.akleenerimage.com
Real Name
Joe Orcutt
Business Location
United States
Give me a call in the morning and I will walk you through it. 440-784-1545. I can also be available during the strip and wax process in case you have any questions. I have been there before where you are and still remember the feeling of fear. Lol

Wand Jockey

Jan 5, 2010
Harris MN
Real Name
Ethan Ellingson
Business Location
United States
1) Move as much room content as makes sense.
2) Remove dry soil.
3) Apply floor stripper according to manufacturer's instructions.
4) Remove "slurry" created by either shop vaccing, squeegy or mopping. Or some combination.
5) Rinse VCT thoroughly. This is vital to the last step of...
6) Apply several coats of finish. Minimum of three.
7) We charge at least .55 per sq ft. More if ANY room content manipulation is involved.
8) Details: some burnish in between coats of finish ("wax"). Some use a neutral floor cleaner after removing the stripper slurry.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
It may already be too late but doing a strip and wax job with zero experience is like trying to run a truck mount and clean carpets with zero training. It's way harder than just swinging a mop and slopping down some wax. Let us know how you make out.