FB VCT question; 1700 sq ft that I've been maintaining for 10+ years. My pricing is off. Help? Have to

W

William Sirois

VCT question; 1700 sq ft that I've been maintaining for 10+ years. My pricing is off. Help? Have to bring all equipment down a flight of stairs to the basement. I use a Nobles Speed Scrub (mini floor scrubber) to pick up slurry. Last time I did a complete strip and wax was in 2016. The floor has a lot... I mean a lot of paint on it (Arts Center). In between full strip and wax I scrub and recoat. I've been doing this alone with no helper (well the scrubber does pretty much everything anyways) but do need a hand to bring some equipment (scrubber and swinger/polisher/burnisher - Centaur Rabbit). I told the client I would bring someone in for a couple of hours to help set up/break down and transport the equipment and add $100 to the bill. He said he would help instead so I went with it. He helped once... hasn't even been on site the last two times (we scrub/recoat twice a year). 1st question; how much would you charge for this work? 2nd question; considering the amount of paint would you just strip the whole thing every visit? If just scrub/recoat... got any tricks to remove the paint? So far I use an Unger floor scraper to get off anything that's left. It's time consuming.

W

William Sirois

26910791_10155865038265049_930318931155892353_o.jpg

A

Andrew Johnston

Truly, for all that monkeying around with equipment up and down stairs, I'd probably be wanting over $1000 for a scrub and recoat. Of course, I'm in northern canuckistan. Is it daytime work? Do you have to move a lot of stuff?