VCT pricing | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VCT pricing

hammerhead

Dec 1, 2008
Cape Coral Fl.
Real Name
Kevin Hamm
Just wondering what you guys are charging for strip and wax jobs with 3 coats. We are at .35 sq ft and thinking about raising it.

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
It all depends on size of sq ft, the condition of the floor and if you have to move furniture or people will be around. .35 will be the lowest if it's all open , large sq ft or multiple locations. .70 cents is the max I've gone

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Mike Krall

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
It's completely dependent upon the job. From .30 to over $1. What has to be moved? Some rooms are too small to use autoscrubber. Some have areas that need to be taped off and protected. Other stores are wide open and easy. I estimate based on my time. I avoid pricing by square feet except for large grocery or hardware stores.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I charge high at an average of $0.35. I have landed a few at $0.45 but $0.28 is the average in my area.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I bid 65 cents. I hardly get any bids. I don't intend to lower my price anyway because I hate VCT and that's where I need to be to do a good job. Where I am, 30 is average

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
We are charging 55 and thinking about raising to .75 it is hard work and time consuming, we do scrub and recoat for .35 but rarely.
Just wondering what you guys are charging for strip and wax jobs with 3 coats. We are at .35 sq ft and thinking about raising it.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
600 sf and less I get $1 per sf. but I only do small jobs.

Reactions: leuj20

G.C.S

Feb 20, 2017
Real Name
Stephanie Barber
We take into consideration if the request came from a current customer or a new potential new client, the size of the job and location. We always try to cut our customers a deal but its hard sometimes because they don't know the work that goes into the process. We've charged up to $1 but would consider a lower rate depending on the condition of the VCT and whether we would have to move furniture, hire extra hands, rent additional equipment etc...Whatever you decided just be sure to include your tax :)

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
I say if you feel it's time to raise your rates --- it IS time to raise your rates. I know I'm reluctant to raise prices for fear of loosing customers but, Ya gotta make money . I usually only do slight increases on our long time customers and bid new jobs for more. The last thing you want is to raise your prices but have no one to send a bill to

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
Btw we do a lot of VCT and we are anywhere from .18 sf to .75 per sf . It largely depends upon how many sf we are doing . Jobs over 10,000 sf+ are ( of course) closer to .20 per sf . Average commercial job is .38 -.42 per sf

Last edited:

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Is that per coat?

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
Where I live competition is fierce. I'm not sure where you are located but I'm sure the competition is a lot lower if you are landing jobs at those prices

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Where I live competition is fierce. I'm not sure where you are located but I'm sure the competition is a lot lower if you are landing jobs at those prices
I'm just south of Joliet. :)

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have started adjusting prices based on my work load. Basically supply and demand. I don't want to grow my company any larger. So if we have enough work I am going to raise prices in small to moderate amounts. If I wanted to grow then I would be a little cheaper. Just make sure that whatever you desire to do relating to price, you can maintain the quality that meets or exceeds expectations.