VCT Pricing-Strip and Wax

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I have to bid on 1200+ S.F. of VCT, strip and wax.
I have looked into the forum search and pricing seems to be all over the place.
Place has lots of build up on edges, middle of room looks almost bare. It has been 4 years since the last time
it was done.

It is in Maine and not a whole bunch of competition. What would a reasonable price for this be per s.f. ?
I have carpet, tile and grout at same location. Maintenance said if price and work were good they had a whole bunch of carpet upstairs.

Do not think they will do a maintenance program for it.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
.50 cent is fair for that size.

Maybe a little more if furniture moving is excessive.
Id be somewhere around .60 & .75
How about strip/wax Terrazo? I know its not the proper method but its what this building has been having done for 4-5 years and that's all they want. They definitely won't pay for a real refinish. I never do strip/wax but this is my only 'in' with this building right now and I've been eyeing it all year. Would you price it the same as VCT? Its about 2000-2500sqft. I'm away from my office so can't remember exact numbers.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
How about strip/wax Terrazo? I know its not the proper method but its what this building has been having done for 4-5 years and that's all they want. They definitely won't pay for a real refinish. I never do strip/wax but this is my only 'in' with this building right now and I've been eyeing it all year. Would you price it the same as VCT? Its about 2000-2500sqft. I'm away from my office so can't remember exact numbers.
I would price it the same as vct maybe slightly higher.

We have quite a bit of it too downtown.
in some buildings its impractical to polish, scratches up in a week anyway.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
We maintained a grocery store with Terrazzo that way (strip, wax, propane buff) for years until they closed. Always billed it the same as vct.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt