VCT Minimum Charge | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VCT Minimum Charge

Donny Williams

Nov 4, 2014
Real Name
Donny Williams
What is your minimum charge for vct?

Have a small job that is 175 Sq ft. They want to to strip on one trip and come back a few days later to wax. I said 150 per trip. Feels like I'm high but it's 40 min drive each way.

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014

Have a small job that is 175 Sq ft. They want to to strip on one trip and come back a few days later to wax. I said 150 per trip. Feels like I'm high but it's 40 min drive each way.
Is it you or are you sending techs? How many man hours? I'd be at $500 min...

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
$500 to much equipment to haul in and out and standing around waiting for wax to dry with air movers

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I would add another $40.00 for each trip on top the $500.00. I don't smell that crap for nothing :D.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
oh, and another thing. You have almost 3 hours just in driving back and forth. At $300 you are going to make less than $100 per hour before you start working. I am assuming you are providing materials. Subtract your materials, time for waiting for 4 coats of wax to dry. You will have at least another 3 hours worth of set-up, waiting for wax to dry and packing up after the job and possibly a top scrub before you can do anything. You just can't make any money on small jobs like that. Then you will have some cleaning of equipment to deal with. You will have 8 hours or more in a 175 square foot job. If you don't mind working for about $20 per hour and taking all the risks, then fine, go ahead! There will be no profit in it.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Sounds about right to me.

Donny Williams

Nov 4, 2014
Real Name
Donny Williams
oh, and another thing. You have almost 3 hours just in driving back and forth. At $300 you are going to make less than $100 per hour before you start working. I am assuming you are providing materials. Subtract your materials, time for waiting for 4 coats of wax to dry. You will have at least another 3 hours worth of set-up, waiting for wax to dry and packing up after the job and possibly a top scrub before you can do anything. You just can't make any money on small jobs like that. Then you will have some cleaning of equipment to deal with. You will have 8 hours or more in a 175 square foot job. If you don't mind working for about $20 per hour and taking all the risks, then fine, go ahead! There will be no profit in it.
That's why I ask the question. I need to get my head right on this. It's just me doing the work so I won't lose money. Just not making a lot.

Thanks for the gut check

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I would never strip then return to apply finish.
If you do this job you may be scrubbing the floor again to remove the dirt
Agree but if no one walks on it waxing can be done the next day. Very few and rare but have been accomplished.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Agree but if no one walks on it waxing can be done the next day. Very few and rare but have been accomplished.
The OP said days, as in plural, so I would not recommend doing it that way. I don't even like waiting a day because just dust and junk floating in the air has to land somewhere.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
The OP said days, as in plural, so I would not recommend doing it that way. I don't even like waiting a day because just dust and junk floating in the air has to land somewhere.
Sorry, I didn't realize. Agree a few days is too many. Floor will need to be rescrubbed and rinsed Too many floaters. Crap floats every where I have seen it. Too bad we can't sniff that and get high :D:p

Donny Williams

Nov 4, 2014
Real Name
Donny Williams
Yeah they want to do some sanding after I strip. There are some nasty rust spots that they want to sand down. I did another room for them and just mopped it down really clean. Came out good but two trips really sucks

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Yeah they want to do some sanding after I strip. There are some nasty rust spots that they want to sand down. I did another room for them and just mopped it down really clean. Came out good but two trips really sucks
You could try too use this and it has worked sometimes on VCT. I have used It on carpet and it beats every rust remover I have ever used. Make sure it get's rinsed out good on carpet. Good luck on VCT. Most likely will eat up some rust if not all. Let it dwell and be patience.
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=whick rust remover