Vapor Steamer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Vapor Steamer

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The Hydro-Force vapor steamer works well for many of the jobs discussed in the thread. A good sixe fro the cost.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MB07

For almost $40.00 LESS, you can get this. And it has a 3 foot longer hose, 1 liter larger capacity and much higher heat. 35* worth. And the boiler is Stainless Steel. What are your thoughts on this one, Scott? Again, my knowledge is limited on vapor steamers. I've used them, but many, many years ago and in a limited capacity. Do you remember Sgt. Steam from back in the early 1980's? That one.

https://www.daimer.com/steam-cleaners/kleenjet-200s-vapor.htm

Reactions: aloha one

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
For almost $40.00 LESS, you can get this. And it has a 3 foot longer hose, 1 liter larger capacity and much higher heat. 35* worth. And the boiler is Stainless Steel. What are your thoughts on this one, Scott? Again, my knowledge is limited on vapor steamers. I've used them, but many, many years ago and in a limited capacity. Do you remember Sgt. Steam from back in the early 1980's? That one.

The sale price on the Daimer you posted looks pretty good.

Larger tank size will work longer which is good on bigger jobs. But it also will take longer to heat more water.

Both of these should be better than the SGT Steam that was around years ago.

Only the Hydro-Force model is backed by Hydro-Force / Interlink Supply.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

lol Sgt Steam..man you Are a Dinosaur!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
ABSOLUTELY! If I were to ever get one Mike, I'd get one with the vacuum.

Especially if I wanted to get into the chewing gum removal business. Okay...wait...stop......I need a beer now. Forget that thought. :D
Sounds like WA WA WA WA WORK! Screw that.......

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran

After a salesman almost ripped me off, @SAA gave me lots of valuable advice on how to choose mine. what it was going to help me with and so much more. the salesman also told me I could do commercial restrooms in no time. All bull crap. Anyhow, with Steve's information I pulled the trigger and got me a good one. I do not expect it to do more than Steve told me it would do but man, the things it does have made me money and made my clients rave. I'm happy that I made an intelligent informed purchase. else I would be chasing that salesman all over the country to hit him on his head with his machine after I found out it did not do what he said it would.

Based on one of Steve's video teasers. I removed a black stain from linen
removed stains from counter tops (grout) that the previous guy said were permanent.
leather sofas (only two) I need to promote those more.

Any how, every carpet cleaner should have one in the van.

Oh, my vapor cleaner has also been the reason why people have paid me $60 to remove a red spot. When compared to an iron, the impression they get is you are the real deal.

I would not live without mine. Thank you @SAA . Now I can practice with Monica's nice dresses and when I'v had enough practice, I will promote drapery cleaning;););):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So what is the vapor cleaner you purchase that you are so happy about

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
hello Johnny what vapor steamer you purchase or witch one would you recommend me to buy
I don't have a ton of knowledge or experience with vapor steemers to give you a recommendation on which one to purchase. I think there are others much more knowledgeable then me that can answer that question. Unfortunately @Pinosan is one of them but he's been on crawl for months so he can't respond to your question to him either.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Dupray, really good all around units.

personally the ones that only get to around 240-250 degrees dont make sense for someone who already has a TM that gets that or near that..

you want a boiler temp of like 330 degrees, that will really make a big impact on cleaning all sorts of surfaces

the duprays have wet/dry vacs on them too so you can recover the grime you blast out.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
There is a new Dupray unit just came out end of 2018, its under 200$ and actually looks pretty decent gets up to 275 degrees and seems really well built. 1/2 gallon capacity up to 50 minutes of steam

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
had a Daimer that I got on ebay. I did use it occasionally to clean hard to get to areas in the home (window jambs as we live near a highway) but not fabrics. the machine pretty much sat in the basement so I sold it. That being said, if your going to use it for any type of cleaning, make sure you get a good size tank because you have to realize that every time you need to refill the tank, you have to cool down the machine and let the existing pressure out - very time consuming. I eventually sold it on ebay for what I paid for it because its a name brand that everybody wants

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
ya the one I mentioned above does need cool down to refill but can go approx 50 minutes of steam cleaning... so more than enough to do 1-2 showers, cool down is 20 minutes and heat up is 7 minutes.

A few models up from that one is the Dupray Hill which can be refilled as your cleaning, its $2k, which is very reasonable considering all the things u can do with it. This one is 345 degrees, 120 psi

The $5k model has wet dry vac and well over 350 degrees

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Reactions: Swani21

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
Im looking buying this one
https://www.myvaporclean.com/pro6-duo-327-continuous-refill-87-psi-6-bar-stainless-steel-made-in-italy/

It hits 327f degrees, 85psi, all stainless steel, lifetime warranty on boiler and other parts, 5 years on the rest.

We need one because we are almost always doing jobs that include showers or other tile/grout and carpets, spray grout master and this thing will clean any tile/grout so easily.
Looks like a good price. I've been considering one for some time now.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Looks like a good price. I've been considering one for some time now.
I think once we get one well wonder why we didnt a long time ago, still considering the desiderio because it works as a spotter with the vac feature so any small call backs or little spot cleans, red stains etc its great for.

also awsome for upholstery cleaning while other tech is doing carpets

Reactions: Swani21