Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
One thing I've noticed is there is a great deal of contradicting statements on the internet and this board on vacuum motors in a series. Here's what I've read and learned:

- 2 Vacuum motors in a series reduce cfm: Obviously this is false unless they are just put together in a shitty config.
- 3 Vacuum motors in a series reduce cfm: Jury is still out on this one. The cleancraft Eclipse gets (unmodified) shitty cfm ratings - about 85 from what I read (I have one but only have a lift gauge) - The Eclipse has a 3 vac & 4 vac model which are notorious for poor cfm
- Take 30-40% off the 2nd vac in a series to get your lift increase # - this seems mostly true

One thing I've noticed is that Mytee shows or claims that when the put two vacs in a series they will get a whopping 30-40% increase in cfm - read that stats of the Air Hog 7300-S or Escape and do the math based on the vac motors they use. Is this reasonable? I'm assuming that it might vary by vacuum motor type and how they are configured?

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I was the one who discovered that the 3 stage vacs in Mytee machines produce higher cfm numbers even when placed in series. Everybody else thought that cfm remained the same and only water lift was increased. I tested them when I put together the M5 4 vac 2 X 2 and found that cfm increased to over 300 cfm. After that, Mytee tested it and came up with similar results. The more advanced, tapered fan design could be the reason. I am not an engineer but I know how to use cfm and water lift gauges.

The Eclipse uses old school junk vac motors and old school vac arrangements by placing all vacs in series.

When it comes to who turned this industry upside down (when it comes to electric extractors), look no further than Deron06, with a little help from those Jaguar driving, cigar flinging Mytee execs. Other companies missed school because of a stomach flu that day and Mytee has been running roughshod ever since.

Now.......do you want to get steamrolled or join the Mytee train!?

Reactions: Troyster

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Lol... Already on the train. I got a second 7300-S in yesterday and will be going to phase 2 on my HTM where I pull the Eclipse out, Stick in my 2nd 7300-S and stick in the waterhog replacement I've been testing last night. I also have a mytee transfer pump (shurflow rv pump) mounted on a water tank ready to put in. Hopefully I'll have time because all 3 TMs will be busy tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: StevenB.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I might risk a slight steamrolling for bring this up ... but , the accuracy of the type of Flowmeter ( Omega ) used by Mytee has been at least called called into question in the UK .
I am absolutely certain Mytee tests its cfm in good faith and perhaps they have advanced understanding of how to calibrate these meters , but its suitability for testing vacuum systems was questioned when Uk trading standards investigated a complaint in which one uk manufacturer posted inaccurate test figures for a rival manufactures machine .

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/4/Ashbys-Cleaning-Equipment/SHP_ADJ_214784.aspx

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I do not use the same cfm gauges as Mytee uses and I came up with over 300 cfm's with the 2 X 2 vac setup.

Reactions: Troyster