Vacuum HEPA filter clogs | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Vacuum HEPA filter clogs

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
UC just bought several hundred of the Tennant vacuum cleaners. And they work very well for less then an hour, then the bags start to clog causing the vacuums to loose at least 1/2 the suction. Changing the bag “fixes” the problem. But the bag is no where close to full. Maybe less then 1/8th of it’s supposed capacity.
Tennant says (so I am told) the vacuums are fine. (And payed for).
Is there a work around fix for this issue?

Marlene

Reactions: Common janitor

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
So , did these things do this during testing of sales samples before they bought “ several hundred “ ??? Never mind , I already can figure they never tested them . We had Tennant vacuums when I worked for the health system ( brand new as well ) and by the time I left at the two year mark they were junk . TBH , the things were more trouble than what they were worth the whole time I worked there . Looked at the parts breakdown and maybe the secondary motor filter is clogging with fine dust .
They shouldn’t be causing loss of suction that fast but it’s worth a look . When you take it out ... try leaving it out and see what happens . If your supervisor bought these just on a salesmen’s
“ say so “ he should be worried right now . JMHO .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: ratfool

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
So , did these things do this during testing of sales samples before they bought “ several hundred “ ??? Never mind , I already can figure they never tested them . We had Tennant vacuums when I worked for the health system ( brand new as well ) and by the time I left at the two year mark they were junk . TBH , the things were more trouble than what they were worth the whole time I worked there . Looked at the parts breakdown and maybe the secondary motor filter is clogging with fine dust .
They shouldn’t be causing loss of suction that fast but it’s worth a look . When you take it out ... try leaving it out and see what happens . If your supervisor bought these just on a salesmen’s
“ say so “ he should be worried right now . JMHO .
All the Best , Ed
It’s almost 1/2 of them after 2 months. Do they “need” to run HEPA? And I brought my old Kirby. Just easier to work with and on.

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
And passing the filter removal idea to my supervisor