VacAway Products vs Releasit Products | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

VacAway Products vs Releasit Products

mkpol1

Jul 19, 2009
Real Name
Jack Mehoff (matt)
Business Location
United States
Which one burns your lungs and which one doesn't?

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
I have both Hot Knife and Releasit. I find them comparable, cleaning-wise. The original Releasit formula did make some folks cough if they sprayed it, but the new DS2 formulation is supposed to eliminate the problem (I haven't tried it). Where the soil is oily, I would choose Hot Knife.

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
I found releasit works great but like other here I couldn't use it without coughing my lungs out. There was one time where I almost choked on my own saliva it was pretty bad.

Hopefully the new formulation isn't as potent vapor wise.........

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
My vote is vacaway chemicals. hot knife, Peroxcellent, intensity red and spray and boost are my
choices. DS and hydrox from Rick would be my second pick.
Nick

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
Nothing truely special about either one. Purchase your local suppliers encap "shampoo" and save on the shipping. They all work.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Nothing truely special about either one. Purchase your local suppliers encap "shampoo" and save on the shipping. They all work.
That's a good idea as long as the local supplier is Interlink Supply or Bridgepoint and carries Bridgepoint's Encapuclean Green DS and Encapuclean O2.

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
Don't buy into the internet cult business where average products are overblown.

Just buy local.

mojoe77

Mar 16, 2011
bc
Real Name
joe
Business Location
United States
i have used releasit...and think its great...tried bridgpoints encapuclean o2 was not impressed had to do full hwe rite after...but i do need to test futher

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
I use Releasit DS, Hydrox, and Encap Punch. They are all from Excellent Supply and they work great. For all of you "coughers" out there, the tea tree extract never bothered me that much with the old formula but it was very strong. The new Releasit DS only has a little of the scent. I have used it a lot lately on all-day jobs and every single person in the area commented on how nice it smelled. Nobody coughed. I even received emails from two of the large commercial customers telling me how good the carpet looked and how nice and fresh everything smelled.

I have also used Hot Knife and it works just as well for cleaning, although I don't care for the strong chemical odor while I'm working.

Vacaway's and Excellent Supply's products both work surprisingly well. I decided to go with Excellent Supply after comparing the MSDS for the cleaners.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
I never coughed from DS. But I have used both DS and DS2 From Excellent supply. And Hot Knife, Peroxcellent, Intensity Red, Intensity Green, and The other green cleaner they have. For commercial carpet I like Releasit DS and DS2 better. For whatever reason it seems to make commercial carpets "POP". Not a scientific study just observation. I did a UPS store with Hotknife and was never really happy with the results. Went back 6 months later and redid the store fofr free with Releasit DS2 and it was a night and day difference.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
Oh and dont believe the people that tell you they are all the same. Pure BS there. Just like any cleaning chemical they are all different and work better under different circumstances and mixtures. I can garuntee you there is a huge difference between using Releasit and using CTI's "Brush and Bonnet". And just because I can get Brush and Bonnet locally dosnt mean I am going to stick my customers with crappy results so I can support my local distributer.

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
When Releasit first came out it was made to be used via the Cimex or any other shower feed system. At first I dont think it was made to be used through a fine tip sprayer. Stop being so cheap and buy a Cimex....cleaning with a diaper on your 175 and a spray bottle hanging off your belt loop is not the way to go.

Reactions: mojoe77

matt7

Feb 16, 2011
Alberta
Real Name
Matthew Stephenson
Business Location
United States
Truly shocked that anyone would complain about the smell or of coughing from the Releasit. I never used the first one but love the smell of the DS2 and have never coughed from it (I have actually joked with my wife about wanted to drink it, it smells so good!). I have sprayed it both from a trigger sprayer (for spotting) and from a pump up sprayer for doing bonnet cleans. Have always been happy with the results. Releasit is my "go to" spotter for HWE now and I don't even waste my time with Red Removers anymore since the Releasit takes most red Stains out no problem. I also use a small amount of Releasit DS2 in my rinse and find it boosts cleaning power. I have never used any other kind of encap product so i can't actually make a comparison.