V-jets to t-jets

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
Is there a way I can modify my evolution wand to have t-jets?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Is there a way I can modify my evolution wand to have t-jets?
I'm not sure there is, but I can really only think of one reason why you would want to in the first place. Is it because the T-jets have a filter or something else? I personally wouldn't have a wand w/o filters inside the jets as well as check valves. I hate leaky jets and I hate jets that get clogged easily. There are check valves for v-jets and filters available if you didn't know that. I'm just throwing this out there because I really can't see any advantage to what you're wanting to do otherwise.

Reactions: Scott W

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
That's it exactly. Constantly having to clean them out. Thx for the V jet filters tip. I'll take a look into that right now.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
When I ran wands with v jets I always put a filter setup from a t jet into the trigger of the wand to catch everything before it passed through just because of how much of a pain they are. Also I always ran the v jets with a check valve and filter on them but they had a habit of breaking down fairly quick compared to the trigger one.

Reactions: Scott W

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
Lol. Thx guys. I don't know what I would do without this forum sometimes.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That's it exactly. Constantly having to clean them out. Thx for the V jet filters tip. I'll take a look into that right now.
There are several places online that sell them as well as the check valves which help with the dripping jets. I like to have both. I also have a filter before my wand valve, but I find that won't stop jet clogging as well.
Yup those are the best. Just don't forget you have one when your wand starts spraying slow.
I've been noticing my Hydroforce spraying slow lately. I finally took that filter that's in the handle off to check it and that was the problem. It had a lot of scale and crud in it. It was pretty easy to clean out though. I'm about ready to need to buy a whole new sprayer though because this one's got some years on it.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
There are several places online that sell them as well as the check valves which help with the dripping jets. I like to have both. I also have a filter before my wand valve, but I find that won't stop jet clogging as well.

I've been noticing my Hydroforce spraying slow lately. I finally took that filter that's in the handle off to check it and that was the problem. It had a lot of scale and crud in it. It was pretty easy to clean out though. I'm about ready to need to buy a whole new sprayer though because this one's got some years on it.
The blocks are chrome plated brass and we have wore out the chrome and then the internal cone diameter eventually enlarged from the nozzle to the outboard 1/4" male threads to the point that it won't pull chems at all even on a fresh rebuild. 7-8 years of higher heat use is about the end of the block in my experience.

Reactions: wandwizard

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The blocks are chrome plated brass and we have wore out the chrome and then the internal cone diameter eventually enlarged from the nozzle to the outboard 1/4" male threads to the point that it won't pull chems at all even on a fresh rebuild. 7-8 years of higher heat use is about the end of the block in my experience.
Mine's old enough I can't really remember when I bought it. I probably have a record of it somewhere back in the last decade. I think it's still rebuildable but just don't think it's worth the effort at this point. I got my money's worth out of it! :)

Reactions: Jim Davisson