TMF Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
4615 Deerwalk Ave
www.BlueRibbonFloorCare.com
Real Name
Joseph Whatley
Business Location
United States
Hydro-force has a great one but when it breaks that's 250.00 down the vacuum hose.

You can not get bulbs or switch for a 175.00 light? Really- that makes no sense! !

(For those not familiar with the light the balance of the 250.00 is the yellow glasses, batteries and charger.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
You'll be surprise by this one.
No....Do not buy multi bulb led uv lights...These things are garbage...
To understand why you need to understand the difference between an smd bulb and a standard led bulb... There is a reason the 250 dollar cobbs light only has a single bulb yet works way better then these lights with 30 bulbs....Because it is a single smd bulb.... These are the flat looking bulbs that are coming in all the modern ultra bright tactical flashlights...There is a cheap one on ebay called an ultrafire that puts out the right spectrum at the correct brightness... however due to their cheap construction they dont last more then a few months.... the cobb light is 250 bucks and then their is the hydroforce one mentioned above... these both have a single smd bulb...if the bulb has a rounded head its a crappy led if its flat its an smd and the difference is huge....

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

kvnbrow900

Jan 3, 2012
Chesapeake Virginia
Real Name
kevin brown
Business Location
United States
No....Do not buy multi bulb led uv lights...These things are garbage...
To understand why you need to understand the difference between an smd bulb and a standard led bulb... There is a reason the 250 dollar cobbs light only has a single bulb yet works way better then these lights with 30 bulbs....Because it is a single smd bulb.... These are the flat looking bulbs that are coming in all the modern ultra bright tactical flashlights...There is a cheap one on ebay called an ultrafire that puts out the right spectrum at the correct brightness... however due to their cheap construction they dont last more then a few months.... the cobb light is 250 bucks and then their is the hydroforce one mentioned above... these both have a single smd bulb...if the bulb has a rounded head its a crappy led if its flat its an smd and the difference is huge....
Is there a specific ultrafire you are referring to. I'm looking for a new light

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Omar and Pinosan

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I have 4 of those, the interlink light is brighter in the light than that is in the dark.
It has worked for me so far. a have a couple of tank UV's. The ultrafire is only a back up and has served me well But i don't depend on the light by itself to find urine. I have a few other toys that I use as well in my evaluations.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
It has worked for me so far. a have a couple of tank UV's. The ultrafire is only a back up and has served me well But i don't depend on the light by itself to find urine. I have a few other toys that I use as well in my evaluations.
Please share. I use a moisture meter to determine if the salts have been flushed (thus the stain has been treated) but would love to learn more

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
LED lights are great for longevity, but their useful distance is very short due to wavelength limitations. You need to be within inches of the spot for it to fluoresce, or else you need an 'inspection tunnel' to see it clearly. It's the phosphorus in the urine residue that glows, so you may still see a glow after you clean even though the smelly urine components are gone. Phosphorus is damnably difficult to break loose from fibers.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
LED lights are great for longevity, but their useful distance is very short due to wavelength limitations. You need to be within inches of the spot for it to fluoresce, or else you need an 'inspection tunnel' to see it clearly. It's the phosphorus in the urine residue that glows, so you may still see a glow after you clean even though the smelly urine components are gone. Phosphorus is damnably difficult to break loose from fibers.
Mine are highly effective at 6ft