Using extractor with rotary

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 13, 2017
Real Name
Obaid Muhammad
Hi guys,
I am planning to start carpet cleaning business. I have read a lot of good things about Rotovac 360i but I don't know if I need extractor and/or truckmount to go with it or not. Because I am new so I want to start with basic machines and not too expensive. Does Rotovac 360, Hoss 700 and hydramaster rx20 produce their own heat (heated water) or not?
Thank you

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Hi guys,
I am planning to start carpet cleaning business. I have read a lot of good things about Rotovac 360i but I don't know if I need extractor and/or truckmount to go with it or not. Because I am new so I want to start with basic machines and not too expensive. Does Rotovac 360, Hoss 700 and hydramaster rx20 produce their own heat (heated water) or not?
Thank you
No. They just spray water and extract. That is thier function

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you go with the Rotovac, order the smaller jets. It comes stock with jets that are more suitable for a truckmount. Ask me how I know that!

If you use a porty and 360i combo without the smaller jets, you will soak you some carpet.
What size do you recommend Ken? And does Rotovac offer the option or do you go aftermarket?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
What size do you recommend Ken? And does Rotovac offer the option or do you go aftermarket?
They offer .75, 1 and 1.5 sizes. I use to use .75s and then I switched over to size 1 and I have tried the 1.5 as well. For me size 1 was better then the other 2. I use an etm.

Jan 9, 2013
Chicagoland Area
Real Name
Brian K.
A Rotovac stock 360i comes with 1.5 floodjets.
Floodjets differ from our regular V or Tjets in that they produce double the flow for their given orfice size.
Size 1 floodjets are the sweet spot ive found cause they dont clog as bad as .75 floodjets do. If you find thats still too much flow plug off one of the jets and run with 2 size 1 floodjets. (y)

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
If you go with the Rotovac, order the smaller jets. It comes stock with jets that are more suitable for a truckmount. Ask me how I know that!

If you use a porty and 360i combo without the smaller jets, you will soak you some carpet.
What pressure are you using?