Using a 20inch pad on a 19inch Pad Holder | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Using a 20inch pad on a 19inch Pad Holder

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
I accidentally bought the wrong size, is there any true problem with a one inch discrepancy? Will it make much of a difference?

Thank you to any replies.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I usually go one inch bigger with my pads because if you center the driver it's only 1/2 inch wider all the way around and it helps me get closer to edges when I clean.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Do you have a riser on the driver? That would be the only issue. Otherwise like said its easier to get to the edges. Its also easier to center pads/bonnets.

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Hi,

No i do not have a riser on the driver, i will be receiving the order today and will try it out and see how it works .. thank you for the responses.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Just a thought, if you want to use slightly larger pads for the better edge cleaning, you can always add a riser to your pad driver.

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
Ok great will definitely look into adding a riser and seeing how that works. Tried the larger pad the other day and it worked fine, however at first I could not get it to stick to the pad driver so I was worried it was not going to work... but i guess after I sat the machine down the weight of the machine kept the pad in place.

wildcoral57

Jan 16, 2020
Real Name
Lewis
I read the reasoning in using a riser was to elevate the the pad driver but i do not fully understand why this is necessary, know of a better way to explain it? @Dream Clean

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I read the reasoning in using a riser was to elevate the the pad driver but i do not fully understand why this is necessary, know of a better way to explain it? @Dream Clean
Since you had no issues with the bigger pads you shouldn't worry about it. It's for scrubbers where the skirt hangs below the top edge of the pad and is made to specifically hold your size. The riser lifts the skirt of the buffer higher so it doesn't contact the larger pad and cause drag or damage to the pad or machine.