Use Portable from Van?

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I am just starting out. I am either going to get a Prospector pe500 from Jon-Don, or the Mytee Escape ETM and a heater. I am also going to get a 9000W generator to keep in the van. That way I can run the machine out of the van for customers who prefer that.

Any thoughts on this idea? Should I just go for the Mytee, or will performance be comparable? Do I even need heat?

Thanks!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I am just starting out. I am either going to get a Prospector pe500 from Jon-Don, or the Mytee Escape ETM and a heater. I am also going to get a 9000W generator to keep in the van. That way I can run the machine out of the van for customers who prefer that.

Any thoughts on this idea? Should I just go for the Mytee, or will performance be comparable? Do I even need heat?

Thanks!
I haven't done what you're saying since about 1998 when I bought my first gas powered truck mount so I don't have much to offer. I will say pretty definitively that Prospector won't cut the mustard from the van. It's probably good enough as a take inside extractor with perhaps 25 ft. of hose and not much more. I do use a similar extractor on occasion for places I can't get to with a truck mount.

Also, it comes to mind so I thought it worth mentioning. Never use that generator inside a garage or too near a house. Some have found out the hard way it can kill you pretty quick I might add. It is usually during winter months I think that it mainly happens. If you hear a CO2 detector going off you'll know what's causing it!!! Hardly a year or 2 goes by I don't hear of at least 1 or 2 deaths from it.

Electric powered heaters on the extractor work pretty good to a certain point, but they pull a lot of juice and probably not going to be too good for a longer hose run.