urine stains | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

urine stains

devin ward

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
devin ward
Any recommendations for pet stains? I have read through many posts on here concerning the subject but I have a few more questions...

I have been using MB Accelerator (powder) it says on the back of the bottle that it is good for urine stains. I have been mixing up about 5 gallons of prespray at a time and then just using it until its gone. If I let that sit over a weekend will it still be effective or does it need to be used the same day it is mixed?

If I have tough urine stains, should I just prespray as normal or should I really saturate the spot? How long should I let it sit?

I read something about spraying the spot after I clean the carpet and then don't extract, just spray the spot and leave... does that sound right?

Thanks a lot for the help... there are some great guys on here! Also... if there are any chemicals you love for urine stains please let me know. I fought some bad ones yesterday!

Maximum Carpet

May 22, 2014
www.maxcarpets.com
Real Name
Jeff Hasse
Business Location
United States
Add peroxide to your pre-spray and that will eliminate most/all. For those few that survive steam cleaning, I use Matrix Bad Dog. Spray and walk away - stain is gone in minutes.

Reactions: devin ward

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Many products for pet urine stains are oxidizers. They work best when fresh, usually with-in an hour or two of being mixed.

If urine stain is the main concern, not so much worried about odor or contamination, the Urine Stain Remover from Bridgepoint is a an easy to use answer. Spray on after cleaning. Get the stain wet. Leave. It totally evaporates. No need to rinse. Safe for all synthetic carpet fibers. Helps with mild odors as well. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS18GL

If you want a free copy of my training manual on how to deal with urine, send an email request to stores.csr@bridgewatercorp.net

Big_Joe

May 31, 2019
Real Name
Joe Merwin
Add peroxide to your pre-spray and that will eliminate most/all. For those few that survive steam cleaning, I use Matrix Bad Dog. Spray and walk away - stain is gone in minutes.
Regular peroxide from the dollar store /drug store?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
If urine stain is the main concern, not so much worried about odor or contamination, the Urine Stain Remover from Bridgepoint is a an easy to use answer. Spray on after cleaning. Get the stain wet. Leave. It totally evaporates. No need to rinse. Safe for all synthetic carpet fibers. Helps with mild odors as well.
And if odor is a concern than something like TMF unchained can be applied directly on the stain. Then pre spray as normal and extract and this should help with some odor control I believe. Not sure to what extent though.

If the customer wants to pony up you could poor something like unchained on it and flush with a claw tool before prespraying and extracting the rest as usual. I think this helps the most with odor??

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That will work on some urine spots, but not strong enough for a tough stain. I also use Matrix Bad Dog and find it still very effective diluted 1 to 1 with water. If it happens to be a particularly stubborn stain I will use it full strength after the job is done and let it do its thing. Sometimes time is your friend and more time = better stain removal. By far most urine spots are just that, spots, not really stains, so I often choose to use an enzyme treatment and nothing else. I've done 2 with enzymes in the last few days and find that preferable over peroxide in many cases. I personally think enzymes often do a far better job at treating the urine contamination rather than any peroxide although peroxides are my choice for certain jobs. Enzymes do not work well on the stubborn stains though.

Reactions: Scott W

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Many products for pet urine stains are oxidizers. They work best when fresh, usually with-in an hour or two of being mixed.

If urine stain is the main concern, not so much worried about odor or contamination, the Urine Stain Remover from Bridgepoint is a an easy to use answer. Spray on after cleaning. Get the stain wet. Leave. It totally evaporates. No need to rinse. Safe for all synthetic carpet fibers. Helps with mild odors as well. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS18GL

If you want a free copy of my training manual on how to deal with urine, send an email request to stores.csr@bridgewatercorp.net

Hey Scott, I tried Emailing you because i was curious on what your Manual had(Ive had the odd urine job where i couldn't seem to get it gone 100% when they were really bad) But the Email gave me a server Error reply 550 invalid mailbox

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Hey Scott, I tried Emailing you because i was curious on what your Manual had(Ive had the odd urine job where i couldn't seem to get it gone 100% when they were really bad) But the Email gave me a server Error reply 550 invalid mailbox
I am retired. The email address from 4 years ago in my post above no longer works. You can email either Nancy Stoker nstoker@interlinksupply.com or Schyler Lewis slewis@interlinksupply.com and ask for the manual dealing with pet urine.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Oh my mistake Scott! I had not noticed that this was a revived older thread and thought you had posted that recently. I should have looked at the date!