Urine stains | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Urine stains

bkend11

Jun 23, 2018
Real Name
Bryson Kendall
I have this terrible urine stain I ran into. What is the best method to get rid of it? I used bio break pre spray. Then rinsed with end zone rinse in my extractor.
15297773274763258041878888347130.jpg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That doesn’t look like urine. It looks more like marker or ink, or if it is organic maybe Bile. Quite honestly at first glance it looks like a stain that’s not going to come out. That being said I’d still try a couple things.

First I’d try some StainZone. Apply it heavily and cover the stain with plastic wrap. Leave it overnight and check back the next day. Hopefully the stain will be gone, If the stain is still there but looks better repeat the process.

If the StainZone doesn’t remove the stain you may want to try some Ink remover. I like Chemspec Ink Exit for ink removal.

If StainZone and Ink Exit don’t work you might try some RedZone Ready with an iron and a towel. Most likely though if the first two processes didn’t work this won’t either. At this point the last option is to cut it out and do a patch.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I agree with Todd. The color is too bright looking to be from urine and I noticed it appears to be in a child's room. Marker of some type would be my bet. I have on rare occasions run into urine from a dog who actually peed out food dye in there urine, but never any that color.

ab_ultimate

May 9, 2011
California
Real Name
Abner Fuentes
Business Location
United States
It looks a lot like a tumeric stain. I've ran into a lot of those lately. There's a big buzz about tumeric lately. Anyways, it stains permanently.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It looks a lot like a tumeric stain. I've ran into a lot of those lately. There's a big buzz about tumeric lately. Anyways, it stains permanently.
There was a good thread on turmeric stains a year or so ago, I learned a lot from it and even managed to remove a turmeric stain using StainZone and an ultraviolet light.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I too agree it does not appear to be urine. Did you check with uv or moisture meter?
Also what type of fiber is this?

If it is mustard or ink from a printer, your in for a good experience.

Mustard might need to do a combo (if there is a synthetic dye)
usually for organic you should use a oxidizer like Stain Zone or Stain 1 or Stain magic, saturate well (till base of fiber are treated) to speed up you can place a piece of food wrap (saran/glad wrap) on top of it, if the sun hits it directly. But you can also use a UV lamp to accelerate the process. UV light will act as an accelerator.

If its full synthetic dye the a reducer should be what you use such as Red Zone or Red 1 or better Red Relief, if you want to accelerate the process you can dampen a white towel with clean water and apply steam/heat (iron/steamer) (the water acts like a catalyst) but check on it, do not set an forget) you can remove fiber color depending on fiber.

If its bile id start with process for organic stain removal (oxidizer) but depending on the pets diets you might need to hit it with a reducer later, just make sure to rinse thoroughly before switching to reducer.

Also Do not over promise anything to your client offer to try the best you can to remove, and even though youll be trying charge something.

If its ink or a oil based synthetic stain you might want to try also applying prosolve to help move the oil molecules.

On organic stains such as bile and really strong urine stains I like really like to use OS-1 from Pros choice, I really like the apply and do not rinse application. Stuff is very strong! Not to bash on any product but I tried unleash and I did not like it a lot, must dwell a long time and must flush/rinse well to remove detergents or risk wicking and browning.

Check for type of Fiber, I prefer Burn over chemical test but itll be your choice what would be easier and safe to use for you. Rob just started to sell chemical test for Fiber ID

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I found something on Pros Choice Stain Guide that's helped me get out a few unknown or mystery stains. My best guess is whatever that stain is it has some type of synthetic dye it, but right now we're all guessing if the customer doesn't know and I'm assuming you already asked them what they think it is. If the following doesn't work I can almost say with 100% certainty that is not coming out w/o literally cutting it out, period. I suggest trying it on one of the smaller spots first. Don't do them all at once. You can apply this information to other products you may carry from Interlink, Jondon, etc. But this is sound advice when you just don't know what you're dealing with. The stain may be permanent and it's always a good idea to let the customer know that. I believe that increases your professionalism and it will also delight them if you are successful in my experience.

Mystery Stains
Not all stains are easily identified and this guide is by no means a complete reference. If you have additional questions contact technical support at (800) 368-1247.

1. Apply Pro Solve gel. If Stain responds, agitate until stain is dissolved. Apply Power Gel and agitate to emulsify deposit and extract.
  2. If stain does not respond, extract and blot area dry. Apply Power Gel and agitate. If stain responds, agitate to break down and emulsify stain then extract to remove suspended contamination.
  3. If stain does not respond, extract and blot area dry. Observe the staining material. If stain appears to be more brilliant, apply Red Relief or Red 1 according to the directions. If the stain appears to be muted or dull, apply a solution of Stain Magic or Stain 1 and allow to dry. http://www.proschoice.com/stain-guide.html
Btw, I'm pretty sure the reason they mentioned whether or not the stain is "brilliant" or "muted" is that many synthetic stains will be brighter colors and natural stains duller or muted, but there are some exceptions. Sometimes the customer may mute the stain somewhat by their own efforts, but fail to remove it.