Urine stains turned pink with OSR? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Urine stains turned pink with OSR?

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
I had a job yesterday that involved urine stains. 2 different types of carpet, 7 year olefin and 10 year old nylon. Pretreated the stains, 35 min dwell time, made sure I did extra extraction where the stains were. All looked great when I left. Got a call today, customer says the carpet is a different color where I applied the OSR. I thought maybe it just wicked up and I would just do an acid rinse. Well the stains are darker than the beige nylon carpet and are a slight pink. The pad underneath is blue re-bond. I tried a topical treatment of OSR, and no luck. I applied red stain remover and it barley moved. I am doing a test with some acid. What would cause this and what remedy should I pursue?
Sorry the Photos are not very good.063.JPG061 (441x640).jpg

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
No, They did not treat it, but the dog is on a prescription special diet for a urinary problem, something to with crystals.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
I would ask the same question, What did you use before I tried to remove it.. I never had OSR do that, but never what she used..

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I can't see the pics well on my iPhone, I'll look at home later.

But I've never heard of what your describing.

I'd guess they had tried something before or maybe even after you.

I always OSR, dwell, extract, clean, then post spray USR and groom. Never an issue.

Need bill Y on this one.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Just saw your second post.

Medicine and diet can have ALOT to do with it.

Blame blame blame.. It's your only choice

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
No, They did not treat it, but the dog is on a prescription special diet for a urinary problem, something to with crystals.
Then I would think it the meds doing it.. Maybe be from that... I have had some pets get sick and taking meds stains wouldn't move.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I had a job yesterday that involved urine stains. 2 different types of carpet, 7 year olefin and 10 year old nylon. Pretreated the stains, 35 min dwell time, made sure I did extra extraction where the stains were. All looked great when I left. Got a call today, customer says the carpet is a different color where I applied the OSR. I thought maybe it just wicked up and I would just do an acid rinse. Well the stains are darker than the beige nylon carpet and are a slight pink. The pad underneath is blue re-bond. I tried a topical treatment of OSR, and no luck. I applied red stain remover and it barley moved. I am doing a test with some acid. What would cause this and what remedy should I pursue?
Sorry the Photos are not very good.View attachment 11466View attachment 11467
Which red stain remover?

Volume 40 maybe?

I would try Prochoice A & B with wet terry cloth and iron...

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
Thanks. Any Ideas on how to lighten the stain, PEROXIDE? Red stain remover and heat?
This is an old friend of mine, and I know that they did not treat the stains on the nylon before I got there.

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
I post sprayed with OSR today and I told him to call me tomorrow.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I post sprayed with OSR today and I told him to call me tomorrow.
I hope you meant to say you post sprayed with USR.

If it doesn't kill it, 1k is right. 2 part red relief with steam iron.

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
Yes, POST SPRAY. Ok, great, Thank You.

ayetti

Feb 11, 2011
California
winecountrycarpet.com
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
United States
Yes, POST SPRAY. Ok, great, Thank You.
The important part is that you post sprayed with USR not OSR. USR can be left on the carpet, OSR should not be left, it should be extracted.

I have seen situations were animals on certain kinds of medications bleach carpets and it comes up white in the middle and bit yellow around the edges, never seen pink but you learn something new everyday.

Reactions: Allied

Xtreme Carpet Clean

Jun 16, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Steve Steinhauer
Business Location
United States
I get shi* all the time by others for using Capture dry cleaning powder. Make fun all you want but I am telling you, this stuff works for just these cases. Use the capture premist. dwell 10 minutes, agitate to the middle, blot with a rag, liberally apply dry foam powder, scrub with a soft brush and vac as needed. Repeat if necessary. I guarantee you the stain will be %90 better by the second treatment.

ayetti

Feb 11, 2011
California
winecountrycarpet.com
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
United States
I get shi* all the time by others for using Capture dry cleaning powder. Make fun all you want but I am telling you, this stuff works for just these cases. Use the capture premist. dwell 10 minutes, agitate to the middle, blot with a rag, liberally apply dry foam powder, scrub with a soft brush and vac as needed. Repeat if necessary. I guarantee you the stain will be %90 better by the second treatment.
you use it on the urine stain or when something turns pink?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
The important part is that you post sprayed with USR not OSR. USR can be left on the carpet, OSR should not be left, it should be extracted.

I have seen situations were animals on certain kinds of medications bleach carpets and it comes up white in the middle and bit yellow around the edges, never seen pink but you learn something new everyday.
That's what I was trying to point out. Thanks ayetti

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
sure it's not doggy throw up? I've seen throw up turn carpet funny colors. a lot. Meds could have something to do with it, too,.

ayetti

Feb 11, 2011
California
winecountrycarpet.com
Real Name
Alex
Business Location
United States
Just hard to remove stains in general. It works. And yes I have used it on urine stains and they look as I said 90% or more better than without using.
I believe it, It has been on my to do list for a long time to start using some encap spotter, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reactions: Xtreme Carpet Clean

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Did you try the fiber rinse or did you skip it when you saw it was pink? I have seen browning before from too much soap or being too wet too long and a couple times it turned pink instead of brown. Fiber rinse fixed it even though it was pink.