Urgent question about insurance for van and truckmount? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Urgent question about insurance for van and truckmount?

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Excuse me, Old Hands. If the Van installed truckmount driven on the road, must we buy commercial insurance?Ordinary car insurance, can I use it?In case of accident, the other side is fully responsible, will the
wrecker compensate my truckmount?If it is my full responsibility, will the general vehicle insurance help me cover the claim?
Guys please tell the most reasonable is the insurance of which company, charge is about how much and more details , I appreciate that.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You have to have commercial insurance and inland marine on the equipment. I make sure to be clear that I can get like kind and quality in the event of a wreck, especially with a PTO machine. Once the front end is jacked, I'm out because they are never right again. Loss of use is on you if it's your fault generally (an additional policy), but on them if it's theirs. Loss of use will be prorated on the previous years returns or months of lost use if you fight hard enough. Clear everything through your agent and make sure you know what you are getting after it's inked, underwriting doesn't always backup the mouthpiece.

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
You have to have commercial insurance and inland marine on the equipment. I make sure to be clear that I can get like kind and quality in the event of a wreck, especially with a PTO machine. Once the front end is jacked, I'm out because they are never right again. Loss of use is on you if it's your fault generally (an additional policy), but on them if it's theirs. Loss of use will be prorated on the previous years returns or months of lost use if you fight hard enough. Clear everything through your agent and make sure you know what you are getting after it's inked, underwriting doesn't always backup the mouthpiece.
Thank you for your prompt reply. As a matter of fact, I work in LA and have not registered the company yet. I would like to consider whether the DBA or LLC.Does the commercial insurance and inland Marine insurance must use LLC to buy? Could you please tell me what these two insurances are for and what they cover?How much do they cost in a year

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Insurance co wont write you a policy if you so much as use your truck for business. I tried. They wouldnt go for it. Had to be commercial policy. Even lettering your van it must be commercial. I believe for equipment inside you need inland marine.

Reactions: Common janitor

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Insurance co wont write you a policy if you so much as use your truck for business. I tried. They wouldnt go for it. Had to be commercial policy. Even lettering your van it must be commercial. I believe for equipment inside you need inland marine.
So you have to set up a company before they can give me commercial insurance ?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So you have to set up a company before they can give me commercial insurance ?
No. I dont have a company llc scorp or inc. But im self employed working as sole proprietor. You can lie and say its "for personal use" but once you're in an accident. And they see you were useing it for work. All bets are off. They can deny you right on the spot leaving you on your own. You're buying coverage. Make sure they give you what you want covered. They will already provide you with the minimum necessary. But you're paying for it. Make sure they cover what you want.

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
No. I dont have a company llc scorp or inc. But im self employed working as sole proprietor. You can lie and say its "for personal use" but once you're in an accident. And they see you were useing it for work. All bets are off. They can deny you right on the spot leaving you on your own. You're buying coverage. Make sure they give you what you want covered. They will already provide you with the minimum necessary. But you're paying for it. Make sure they cover what you want.
It seems to be in California, the sole proprietor is the DBA, my wife is the eyelash artists and deal with the DBA.I will certainly go for commercial insurance, otherwise a few years of income is less than an accident compensation.What is the cost of commercial insurance with inland Marine clause?I used a 15 year old Van and an 800 hour truckmount

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
State Farm will cover you .
I have 30k machine coverage and full coverage on the van . Its $100 a mo. and if its stolen I get payed within 30 days hands down . Sleep well my friend .

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
I have 30k machine coverage and full coverage on the van . Its $100 a mo. and if its stolen I get payed within 30 days hands down . Sleep well my friend .
Thanks Joe,What's the name of your type of insurance?I want to do the same. I'll contact them tomorrow

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States

That's good. I pay $200 for the van and 4.8 CDS. I need to look into that.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Thanks Joe,What's the name of your type of insurance?I want to do the same. I'll contact them tomorrow

Go to an insurance agent and tell them you need commercial insurance for you van and general liability for your business. They will probably ask you about GL when you mention commercial for your van. Tell them the TM is attached to the vehicle and they will cover it.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That's good. I pay $200 for the van and 4.8 CDS. I need to look into that.
That sounds about right. I have state farm. And i pay 90 on the van alone. They said my policy is an old policy. And if he were to re write it today ide expect it to go to 170 a month just for the van.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
If the machine is attached to the van (most tms are) the machine is part of the van and should be included in the auto part. I had an older van that was in mint condition and had an accident. they were going to total it (due to the low Bluebook value) but had to take into consideration the value of the machine so they fixed it.

Inland Marine is for loose tools not attached to the van

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
I'm sorry, I'm just new cleaner, asking a stupid question. If it is the full responsibility of the opponent , will he compensate for the damage caused by the truckmout?What conditions do you need? Is it related to the insurance I bought and need to fight for it yourself ? My insurance agent told me that he would not pay for the equipment in it.

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Go to an insurance agent and tell them you need commercial insurance for you van and general liability for your business. They will probably ask you about GL when you mention commercial for your van. Tell them the TM is attached to the vehicle and they will cover it.
Thank you. I haven't registered company yet, and my clients don't care.My insurance agent told me that he could cover commercial insurance for my van and truckmount without registering the company

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Get commercial insurance. When I switched from a personal policy to a commercial policy the rates were pretty much the same.
Thanks Todd,If the other party is fully responsible for the damage of my truckmout, may I ask how to claim compensation for the internal equipment and what kind of form? I have never encountered this problem, I hope to know

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
asking a stupid question
there are no stupid questions.

My insurance agent told me that he would not pay for the equipment in it.
If they cant even offer insurance for your tools, you are talking to the wrong insurance agent. It may or may not be worth it to cover your tools but at least they should offer the coverage.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Thanks Todd,If the other party is fully responsible for the damage of my truckmout, may I ask how to claim compensation for the internal equipment and what kind of form? I have never encountered this problem, I hope to know
its just like any regular policy. If the other person is at fault, your insurance company should pay you and get reimbursed from the other persons insurance company.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
That sounds about right. I have state farm. And i pay 90 on the van alone. They said my policy is an old policy. And if he were to re write it today ide expect it to go to 170 a month just for the van.
Yep , pretty close . The OP should really look into a broker for a general contractors policy for the business . Might be pretty high the first year but with no claims will go down . State Farm wasn’t writing them when I started so the van was insured by them but everything else including tools etc . was covered by the broker policy . TBH , I set up an LLC on the recommendation of my accountant . For my situation it made sense and I’d do the same today . Everybody is different so it may not suit the OP .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: keep it clean