Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Need advise guys.... getting leak from water box. I have put a new seal on but still leaks.

The box only fills half way and the ball cock works fine. The problem seems to be the spray from the fine jet in there. It's spraying up against the box at a massive force and pushing water out the seal. Is this normal or is there anything I can do to stop this?
The jet should be pointing down.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
How can I check if the heat switches on the heat exchangers work?
Set it on 180 and run the machine. Stand there watching the temperature gauge when set on 180 it should go up to 190-200 then drop down to 170-180 then go back up again. It should be able to run all day and keep the temperature regulated by itself.

Then switch it to 240 (the sensor is actually a 230 sensor) and the temp should go up to 240-250 then drop down to 220-230 then back up again.

Sep 21, 2011
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
www.thecarpetcleaningpro.co.uk
Real Name
Mick Bullous
Business Location
United Kingdom
I think I have sorted the water box leak. I noticed the jet was facing up so i turned it to face down. Put new seal on as I noticed it had shrunk alittle. I have used 8mm thick 25mm wide self adesive neoprene rubber strip. Is there anything that is better?

I was out working on a job yesterday and noticed the temp was about 240 but it was set to 180. This made me think the 180 switch is not working. I will run it and do the test like you explained. Thanks Todd.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
First to address the blower oil question. There are three plugs in the back of the blower, one at the bottom, one about the middle, and one at the top. Drain from the bottom. Take out the middle plug and fill until the oil begins to come out of the middle hole. Reinstall middle plug and good to go.

On your temp, that doesn't necessarily mean the switch is bad. The switch is to keep the temp below 240 for safety reasons, but your machine may have a tough time getting to that heat and that maybe why the temp is dropping. You need to see, while the temp is under 230, is the switch sending water to the waste tank. If it is open and dumping water before the temp reaches 230, then the switch is bad

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If it's only dumping water in the 240 position and working properly in the 180 position then most likely the 230 sensor is bad.

For the oil there are 4 oil plugs on the blower, you will need to remove 3 of them.

Pictured below I've circled the top oil plug, bottom oil plug, and lower side oil plug.

Run the machine to get the oil warm.

Remove all 3 plugs and allow the oil to drain overnight.

Put the bottom plug back in then fill through the top plug until oil starts to come out the side plug then put the plugs back in.

IMG_8377.JPG

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
When out working today the machine developed a small leak from the small hole in the circular black rubber on top of the vacuum gauge. What is causing this?
That is where they fill the glycerin for the gauge. It it just probably really hot and needs to vent. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Just keep an eye on it. You can pop rubber stopper off to vent it, just don't lose it