Uptick homelessness in Va, sleeping on my shop grounds now | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Uptick homelessness in Va, sleeping on my shop grounds now

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I thought it was just something you see in the movies or on the internet. I know Cali, Oregon, New Jersey and NY have the problem but never seen it here in Va. Now with Northam and the state turning blue there is a serious uptick. Any suggestions on how to address this? Here’s another sleeping on sidewalk of our side building. Any suggestions how to address this as we know with the new “blue” administration likelihood it will get worse.

IMG_0007.JPG

Reactions: Canada-Eh

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Cops do anything?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Cops do anything?

They asked did we want him arrested? I said no. They said all we can do is ask him to leave. He left but comes back after they leave. Thought I’d ask those who are more accustomed to this for suggestions.

JCCS

Nov 6, 2020
Real Name
Robert Ritchie
Are you sure he is sleeping? He looks dead to me.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
They asked did we want him arrested? I said no. They said all we can do is ask him to leave. He left but comes back after they leave. Thought I’d ask those who are more accustomed to this for suggestions.
Hate to say it but if he gets arrested he gets 3 meals and a cot

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Are you sure he is sleeping? He looks dead to me.

Cop talked him and he said he was fine just sleepy. I think he’s a druggy.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
You could just ask him what's wrong? It might be a very interesting conversation in seeing why he's there and how you might help him out. You, being a Christian could see if assistance could help. Not just $.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You could just ask him what's wrong? It might be a very interesting conversation in seeing why he's there and how you might help him out. You, being a Christian could see if assistance could help. Not just $.
Tried that. They come back wanting more, with more homeless friends and won't even accept a job at my shop. I'll give my shirt off my back for a half way decent person but a bum gets what he deserves.

Reactions: SRD

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
Back your vans up there running and lock the doors and leave them running. He'll get uncomfortable quick and leave, If you don't have sprinkers that is.

Reactions: rob allen

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
I thought it was just something you see in the movies or on the internet. I know Cali, Oregon, New Jersey and NY have the problem but never seen it here in Va. Now with Northam and the state turning blue there is a serious uptick. Any suggestions on how to address this? Here’s another sleeping on sidewalk of our side building. Any suggestions how to address this as we know with the new “blue” administration likelihood it will get worse.

View attachment 95066
My suggestion is thank Trump, especially on a day like this, that's how great America looks like

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ya @carpetmaxllc trump has everything to do with that lol, nothing to do with the dem governors, or the persons personal choices, everything bad in the world all trump lol jesus libs are f u c k i n g retarded.

Last edited:

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
Ya @carpetmaxllc trump has everything to do with that lol, nothing to do with the dem governors, or the persons personal choices, everything bad in the world all trump lol jesus libs are f u c k i n g retarded.
Got no idea who libs are and how much retarded they are... Also would you mind typing Jesus' name with capital letter and separating it from your profanity.
Are you saying Trump, as a president, has no power or authority over some governors? However that's not the point.
He is quick to take all the credit for anything good but refuses to take responsibility for anything bad and blame others. More damagingly he instilled that loser mentality in people like you

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
Remember couple of days ago he gathered a press conference, talked about Dow hitting 30000 for about a minute and walked off?

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
Not sure if Biden will be a better president but Trump broke a few things that cannot be fixed

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Got no idea who libs are and how much retarded they are... Also would you mind typing Jesus' name with capital letter and separating it from your profanity.
Are you saying Trump, as a president, has no power or authority over some governors? However that's not the point.
He is quick to take all the credit for anything good but refuses to take responsibility for anything bad and blame others. More damagingly he instilled that loser mentality in people like you
It was seprated from my profanity by the words " libs" and "are" read it again if you need to...so take your judgmental holier-than-thou shit out on someone else Nancy and sorry to tell you f u c k s t i c k loser is not part of my genetic code.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeRoy

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ya man plenty here. Your best bet is a high pitched sound emitter.

The 7 11s have them here in the really bummy areas.

I wouldn't unleash it on one tired drugged out dude but if you start having problems with groups of them just casually loitering and leaning up against your business then you gotta do what u gotta do