upright vacuum choice

Mike Jones

Jun 8, 2011
thoughts on best UPRIGHT vac for janitorial?
we mostly use sanitaire sc886. It has a number of weaknesses/design flaws but we have mostly been able to correct those or deal with them through a little innovation. Have you found a more durable UPRIGHT vacuum?

BACKPACK fans -please don't hijack this thread :)

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
You cannot have a janitorial vacuum without a wand. Pro team or Windsor are by far your best vacuumes for janitorial. No question. They are tough enough for employees and work very well. Large bags, long cords, easy parts to replace..

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Pro Team is a very good vacuum with a wand. I have a 12'' and 15''.

If you want a real vacuum buy a Kirby. They are powerful, built like a tank, don't clog, but no wand. You can buy them on Ebay refurbished for under $200. I have 2 Kirby Heritage II vacuums. I use Kirby on trashed apartments.

Reactions: Rory henderson

ryan81588

May 20, 2010
NC
Real Name
Ryan Jordan
Business Location
United States
We have a crap ton of Windsor s12 and a few Xp12. The xp 12 do a better job but the auto adjust break a lot. If your gonna use it yourself then the xp is great. Never sucks up a rug and when I use them to pre vac for carpet cleaning I get almost no grit showing up in my filters. Pro team back packs are the best but a little over priced, the mosquito’s are just as good as the pro teams just less comfortable. The mosquitos are also a lot harder to clog than the pro teams. You can suck up just about anything with them pencils, scraps of paper, etc. We bought 15 of the new pro team uprights when they first came out, had to get my money back. Event had a rep from pro team come out and tell me “even though the vacuum isn’t picking up the visible dirt on top of the carpets it’s picking up everything from the backing” not sure I believe him. Ended up sending all of them back and getting Windsor’s

Mike Jones

Jun 8, 2011
thoughts on best UPRIGHT vac for janitorial?
we mostly use sanitaire sc886. It has a number of weaknesses/design flaws but we have mostly been able to correct those or deal with them through a little innovation. Have you found a more durable UPRIGHT vacuum?

BACKPACK fans -please don't hijack this thread :)
Ok, so most of you have no knowledge of a good UPRIGHT vacuum. Anyone here knowledgeable about UPRIGHT vacuums?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Did you check 3 year warranty TMF vac?

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Mike Jones

Jun 8, 2011
Did you check 3 year warranty TMF vac?

3 year warranty is impressive. Have you had experience with it?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Ok, so most of you have no knowledge of a good UPRIGHT vacuum. Anyone here knowledgeable about UPRIGHT vacuums?
Almost every reply was an accurate answer to your question. Only one person mentioned backpack vacuumes. Instead of whining about one response, you could thank the rest of us for for taking the time to offer our experience. Many thousands of hours vacuuming and the majority of replies were about the same two vacuumes.

Reactions: J20770

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I'll loan you mine.

3-23-2008-22-51-31--camelotshadow.jpg

Mike Jones

Jun 8, 2011
Almost every reply was an accurate answer to your question. Only one person mentioned backpack vacuumes. Instead of whining about one response, you could thank the rest of us for for taking the time to offer our experience. Many thousands of hours vacuuming and the majority of replies were about the same two vacuumes.
If you can't read the original post, or choose to ignore it, why are you here?