Upholstery tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Upholstery tool

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
Internal or external for upholstery tool. I was looking at the Mytee 8400P air lite, but been reading reviews about leaks. I had heard internal jet wasn't good because vacuum sucks it up before it hits the surface?? any truth to that?

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Internal or external for upholstery tool. I was looking at the Mytee 8400P air lite, but been reading reviews about leaks. I had heard internal jet wasn't good because vacuum sucks it up before it hits the surface?? any truth to that?
no that’s not true........I have both. I’ve got the mytee tool also. The external jetted is messier but uses less water. Both have they’re place.

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
no that’s not true........I have both. I’ve got the mytee tool also. The external jetted is messier but uses less water. Both have they’re place.
Thanks Ed. use mostly for vehicle upholstery and carpet. steps in camper. couch and recliner in the house. if you picked one would you go with the Mytee?

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
I am not sure the brand that they sell here. 2 styles one was really bulky both were internal jet. 4" wide. Just says detailer internal spray on the quote.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I am not sure the brand that they sell here. 2 styles one was really bulky both were internal jet. 4" wide. Just says detailer internal spray on the quote.
Oh. When you said internal I took it mistakenly as a high flow like SS or Rotovac upholstery tools. The internal your referring to is jetted i think. Yeah get the internal it will get most your overspray. The jets on these tools is located in a spot designed to flush on the back stroke then vacuum up the solution and dirt.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
The mytee if you move it fast enough and don’t have your pressure too high will still overspray out the sides. I like the clear head and it’s inexpensive. I use it on upholstery I clean using an encapsulant when I want to extract. I’ll just must it off with the tool then extract. If I wanna flush a nasty piece I’ll pull out a high flow tool. The draw back is you can’t use the high flow tool to mist areas and corners like a jetted tool but is less likely to soak the cushion when moved fast enough.