Upholstery Tool Recommendations?

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
I love the tool - just ticked they didn't do anything for those of us who bought version 2 with its design flaws. They should have done a trade in or something for version 3. Kind of hate to give my money to companies who lack good customer service.
What was the deaign flaw on the dimaster
Metal lips. The top lip came off after 2 or 3 uses. Reordered more and still the same issue. Without it you risk tearing the fabric because the head is 2 pieces split vertically down the middle

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Metal lips. The top lip came off after 2 or 3 uses. Reordered more and still the same issue. Without it you risk tearing the fabric because the head is 2 pieces split vertically down the middle
Yea thats the 1 they showed me at the supply store with the meatal lip off...
So which one are you gonna get?
Arrgghh. I am torn. Not sure. May need to make a trip to supplier and hold some in my hand.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
They havent quite perfected theae yet...
Rotovac needs a non trigger
Saphire needs to stop streaking
Drimaster needs to stop breaking

I may go with the rotovac even though i really like the nontrigger

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I love the tool - just ticked they didn't do anything for those of us who bought version 2 with its design flaws. They should have done a trade in or something for version 3. Kind of hate to give my money to companies who lack good customer service.
Welome to the carpet cleaning industry. Though I hear one company is bent on making a change. ;-)

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I can't take it anymore! Have the Drimaster 2 and love the concept but the metal lips come off all the time. I am thinking the SS Upholstery Pro. Thoughts?
Ive had my drimaster 2 since 2009, and ive only had one issue with the metal lips because I dropped it but the solution after many times afterward of them falling off was take completely apart and clean thoroughly, I also bought many extra. I take the tool apart once a year to clean inspect and possibly replace the lips. Ive only had to replace the lips once since 2009

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Well i picked up the rotovac sheer dri today...
Just demoed it on my car...so far so good...
Easy to use glides easy back and forth
And quick dry times....
I will try it on commercial resturant booth tomorow

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I agree went to buy one at the local carpet supply store last week and she showed me 2 drimasters in the shop for repair qith the same problem.....
I loked at all 3 ...
Drimaster
Saphire
rotovac
Im gonna get the rotovac.....
But some guys like the saphire......

I saw the rotovac sheardri online for 300$

Keep in mind these are only for homes as they wont have high enough water flow for commercial resturants......
As i just finished some theater seats and 2 manufactures told me these jetless tools wont work for commercial...
Ended up using a prochem stair wand and inlet detailer
The Rotovac SS have way more flow than a jetted tool. Just not the pressure. Actually too much flow for how much water they use for such thin fabric if your like me and have onboard water and don't like tapping in on a customers.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I just recently purchased a SS tool .
Been using ProChem's tool for 25 years
The SS works great only when its dialed in right but cant dig into the corners like the PC does .
The PC tool is crazy great on detailing step corners and face side on stair cases .
My big complaint with the SS would be the hand grip area is over sized and hurts the wrist after 30 -40 mins . Im 6"5 with big hands .
Yeah I agree. I like how the jetted tools perform on confers and crevices. Just hate the overspray on some.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If memory serves, our local HM rep Ollie (whom I adore and still miss, he now does double-decker bus sales) came in with the DM3 right before it hit the market and said HM was honoring a credit toward the price of a new DM3 for anyone who had a DM2 that was bought within a certain time frame.

I'm not sure if we didn't do a good job getting that message across to our local guys, or if your tool fell outside of that window.

I've not seen any repair problems with the DM3 as far as breakdowns of the head or fins (except one, and that was an abuse situation where the whole head had to be replaced). The biggest "repair" is that the set screw on the knob gets loose and can cause leaking from the knob. A quick tightening of the stem and nut underneath that knob fixes the leak 99.9% of the time.