Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
View attachment 66670
You've already purchased a different product and I hope it works well for you . I've used Avenge and the HD and Folex and never experienced problems cleaning anything . From your description you said you used a horsehair brush for agitation.
That's fine ,but they're truly meant to be used on delicate fabric and microfiber is far from delicate . Your method of agitation is what let you down on this job . You also mentioned you used Folex AFTER extraction of the Avenge HD which in my opinion is why it worked so well for you . In further discussion about products being available online . This has been going on awhile now . First time I used Odercide I bought it on Amazon long before I had my own business . Most places sell to the public and we pay the same price they do . Very different from other professions and trades . That has to change along with the suppliers getting together and lowering the shipping charges THEY and THEIR CUSTOMERS have to pay . They justified all the shipping increases because of fuel costs . Hmm. Fuel is HALF or LESS now and NO RELIEF . Here are my results using Avenge HD .
All the Best, EdView attachment 66670

I hear ya on the shipping charges, but I rarely pay any S & H and haven't for years. It's pretty easy for me to meet that 350. charge at https://shop.truckmountforums.com for free S & H. Too easy in fact. I just remembered many suppliers are also using E-bay. Come to think of it I've purchased a number of things on E-bay myself. Well, I might as well shut up on this. I'm a hypocrite. Excuse me while I order some protector off Amazon. :D

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure you're actually serious, but I totally disagree with that. It may be true of many of the products we use, but certainly not all. Sometimes how to use a product as well as what to use it on specifically is important and lets not forget what can happen if you mix certain chems. Some mixing will put you in the hospital while others will put you in the morgue. I don't like professional products being marketed on Amazon, but I guess they really could care less what I think. It's happening and I suspect it will only grow and expand to other markets.
I'm serious I don't disagree with with you on the fact that home owners will actually screw things up when attempting to use the product without the proper tools and training. when they cause browning or other unwanted reactions on the fabric or simply can get them to clean properly, those products will seat in the garage collecting dust and we will get the calls to either fix what they did or to do what they could not do.

You may ask why I say without the training when i had previously said anyone with any level IQ could use our products right? would not it make the product for pros only? nope; sadly, it does not. Now a days with the products in our market, none can get killed all of our products are pretty safe and the training that I talked about is a 3 minutes training over the phone with customer support of any given product and done. anyone can use the product.

Now janitorial line, that is a totally different animal not carpet cleaning

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'm serious I don't disagree with with you on the fact that home owners will actually screw things up when attempting to use the product without the proper tools and training. when they cause browning or other unwanted reactions on the fabric or simply can get them to clean properly, those products will seat in the garage collecting dust and we will get the calls to either fix what they did or to do what they could not do.

You may ask why I say without the training when i had previously said anyone with any level IQ could use our products right? would not it make the product for pros only? nope; sadly, it does not. Now a days with the products in our market, none can get killed all of our products are pretty safe and the training that I talked about is a 3 minutes training over the phone with customer support of any given product and done. anyone can use the product.

Now janitorial line, that is a totally different animal not carpet cleaning

My thinking is really based on some of the crazy things I've seen customers do over the years like mixing bleach with Mean Green for example. That guys lucky to still be alive. Adding bleach to a Rug Doctor along with some Joy to clean the living room. Another spot cleaned with Joy undiluted and frankly, I don't think she was a dummy either. Just a lack of training and using poor judgment. Maybe nothing like that will happen with professional products, but I strongly doubt it. I think it's just a matter of time, but hey, this is the world we live in. The chemistry used in most of the products we used is well over my head as well as 99.999% of all carpet cleaners in the entire world. I've read enough sds sheets to know that wrong use can lead to disaster, even death, or permanent injury.

Reactions: Scott W

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
WTF is Folex?

I have seen it in HD and other stores forever now, and have seen it mentioned before, but WTF is it?

I have given up trying to finding any info from MSDS/SDS on it a long time ago as they offer nothing substantial.

Can't even find much else on it regarding it's ingredients other than it just being a simple surfactant.

Anyone have ANYTHING on Folex?

Fookin mystery.

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
WTF is Folex?

I have seen it in HD and other stores forever now, and have seen it mentioned before, but WTF is it?

I have given up trying to finding any info from MSDS/SDS on it a long time ago as they offer nothing substantial.

Can't even find much else on it regarding it's ingredients other than it just being a simple surfactant.

Anyone have ANYTHING on Folex?

Fookin mystery.
This should just about cover what you're looking for including the msds. http://www.folexcompany.com/
If you want to know the actual ingredients you can just forget it. That's not going to happen. Just as a lot of others, those are not going to be revealed. It's non-hazardous with a health rating of 0. Personally, I like it when I see a zero health rating. It's a good general stain remover, but like all the others I've tried, it has it's limits, but that can be said of all stain removers no matter who makes them.

I've just recently removed 2 different kinds of ink with it and I was surprised how well it worked. One of those was pretty heavy ball point ink I think. Took it right out. The other may have been red magic marker. Also, made short work of it. I've tried numbers of ink removers over the years and have yet to see even one that impressed me. I haven't tried the new one from Chemspec, but all I can say is it BETTER work cause I just bought a quart. Prochem's, Matrix, Core, and some others I've tried all sucked big time. Prochem ink remover was particularly useless and the Matrix not much better, if at all. The Matrix is now on a shelf and will never be used again. Core was the best of the 3, but not great. What I have left of it is also on the shelf. I have used Goof Off to remove more inks as well as many other stains than all the other stain removers put together, but it has also failed at times and I don't like the strong solvent smell. Still, Goof Off is an excellent stain remover that has out performed many others.

Last edited:

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Love this one Greg. Ammonia based and very concetrate. I pour a cup or so into a pail and whip up a lather and apply with a hand bonnet. Extract with a SS uph pro. Another trick .... put a few ounces of Bridgepoint Citrus solv into a trigger sprayer and fill the rest of bottle with water. Mist that on soiled areas as well . Agitate in with the hand bonnet or drill brush ( soft bristles depending on fibre).
Micro fibre ... needs a good prespraying and agitation with dwell. Heat is huge when nasty.
Use Chemspec Enzall lots too! Again like that trigger sprayer with citrus solv/ H2O for bad areas. Rinse well.
image.png

Reactions: Common janitor

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Love this one Greg. Ammonia based and very concetrate. I pour a cup or so into a pail and whip up a lather and apply with a hand bonnet. Extract with a SS uph pro. Another trick .... put a few ounces of Bridgepoint Citrus solv into a trigger sprayer and fill the rest of bottle with water. Mist that on soiled areas as well . Agitate in with the hand bonnet or drill brush ( soft bristles depending on fibre).
Micro fibre ... needs a good prespraying and agitation with dwell. Heat is huge when nasty.
Use Chemspec Enzall lots too! Again like that trigger sprayer with citrus solv/ H2O for bad areas. Rinse well.
View attachment 66690
The cleaning pie !! CHAT . Who the heck would think that would work ?? You better go pour yourself three fingers of rye Grant !!
Excellent !!
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: emeraldclean

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
This should just about cover what you're looking for including the msds. http://www.folexcompany.com/
If you want to know the actual ingredients you can just forget it. That's not going to happen. Just as a lot of others, those are not going to be revealed. It's non-hazardous with a health rating of 0. Personally, I like it when I see a zero health rating. It's a good general stain remover, but like all the others I've tried, it has it's limits, but that can be said of all stain removers no matter who makes them.

I've just recently removed 2 different kinds of ink with it and I was surprised how well it worked. One of those was pretty heavy ball point ink I think. Took it right out. The other may have been red magic marker. Also, made short work of it. I've tried numbers of ink removers over the years and have yet to see even one that impressed me. I haven't tried the new one from Chemspec, but all I can say is it BETTER work cause I just bought a quart. Prochem's, Matrix, Core, and some others I've tried all sucked big time. Prochem ink remover was particularly useless and the Matrix not much better, if at all. The Matrix is now on a shelf and will never be used again. Core was the best of the 3, but not great. What I have left of it is also on the shelf. I have used Goof Off to remove more inks as well as many other stains than all the other stain removers put together, but it has also failed at times and I don't like the strong solvent smell. Still, Goof Off is an excellent stain remover that has out performed many others.

Yea, I came across that, but not much help in identifying any components.

I only want to know the basics so I can better target it's use instead of having to play with it on different stuff to find out,

Oxidizer?
Solvents?
Salts?
Butyl?
Soylent Green?
Citrus

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yea, I came across that, but not much help in identifying any components.

I only want to know the basics so I can better target it's use instead of having to play with it on different stuff to find out,

Oxidizer?
Solvents?
Salts?
Butyl?
Soylent Green?
Citrus

It could not contain any of those. It has no voc's and health rating of 0, Pretty sure any of those would make that health rating go up to at least a 1 or 2. Soylent green has got to be at least a 4. :) As far as what it actually is I don't know. As far as use it's really no different than using any general stain remover. I don't plan on using it on urine stains. I'll stick to Bad Dog for those.

I've personally never in my life seen a general stain remover that actually removes everything that it claims, but I have seen a few that impressed the heck out of me. When I break out a general it's usually either because I see a lot of stains that won't come out with just prespray or something I just can't identify so I try the general and see what happens. Sometimes it turns out to be a perfect fit for that particular job. Folex does list suggested stains that their product removes and you can also e-mail them with specific questions. I did that a few nights ago and they got back with me the next day.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
It could not contain any of those. It has no voc's and health rating of 0, Pretty sure any of those would make that health rating go up to at least a 1 or 2. Soylent green has got to be at least a 4. :) As far as what it actually is I don't know. As far as use it's really no different than using any general stain remover. I don't plan on using it on urine stains. I'll stick to Bad Dog for those.

I've personally never in my life seen a general stain remover that actually removes everything that it claims, but I have seen a few that impressed the heck out of me. When I break out a general it's usually either because I see a lot of stains that won't come out with just prespray or something I just can't identify so I try the general and see what happens. Sometimes it turns out to be a perfect fit for that particular job. Folex does list suggested stains that their product removes and you can also e-mail them with specific questions. I did that a few nights ago and they got back with me the next day.

Folex capture.PNG

That's a pretty tough list for only a surfactant.

Varnish, Ink, furniture polish, blood, grass....with no solvents or oxidizing component?

Must be some magical sh!t.......Gonna have to try some.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
View attachment 66746

That's a pretty tough list for only a surfactant.

Varnish, Ink, furniture polish, blood, grass....with no solvents or oxidizing component?

Must be some magical sh!t.......Gonna have to try some.

I have my doubts about some of those listed, particularly rust. I'll have to try that next time instead of using my rust remover. I did have a general stain remover I used way back in the 80's that was very effective on a lot of stains including rust. Can't remember who made it though. It was pretty incredible stuff. I was told in that e-mail I mentioned that Folex has a ph of 10, but that the ph quickly drops and that the ph will vary. They did not say that it was self-neutralizing, but that it's safe for all wet cleanable fabrics. Old Carpet vet has used it way more than I have, but he seems to have disappeared lately.