wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I had to notice nobody has offered even a hint of suggestion on this one which I find a bit curious. It's still pretty rare for me to see an upholstery tag that is actually accurate, but I have seen some and that is one that I think is accurate. Most all tags of that type I've ever seen don't actually tell what the fabric is made of, but that one does state the actual fabric content and it DOES state HOW it should be cleaned CORRECTLY! I would say with that viscose being in there it would be inadvisable to get that thing wet at all. I would also say that if it's wet using just an upholstery tool could cause permanent damage and that damage would be irreversible by ANYONE. It may also take a lot of post grooming to make the fabric look right. Failure to post groom could also spell disaster.

I think you have either the option of some type of dry cleaning BY HAND toweling or with possible dry vacuum only or extremely low moisture method ( I'd even be wary of low moisture on that fabric) and charge accordingly or walk away. Now you can come back on here and tell us how you used some high ph cleaner with truck mount and it came out fine! Seriously, if you take that one on and get it wet even with good chems like you showed it STILL could wind up being a disaster. Wet cleaning could be very risky for it. That's my opinion. Perhaps this will get a few other brave souls to offer their input. As for me, I prefer to be safe than sorry. Some of the stuff I've read that guys do with upholstery sends a chill down my spine!

Lastly, there is A LOT that could go wrong if that fabric is cleaned incorrectly. Here are some that come to mind.
1. IT MOST DEFINITELY CAN SHRINK BIG TIME!
2. It can distort from an upholstery tool and could be irreversible.
3. It can TEAR fairly easily when wet.
4. It can brown out like crazy with alkaline ph.
5. The colors can become unstable and bleed or bleach out, especially if the wrong chems are used.

Now please tell me you cleaned it w/o having to buy it. Btw, I know some guys might clean that thing with a truck mount, high heat, no grooming, and use grout master on it and by some miracle walk away unscathed but I'd have to see that to believe it.

Last edited:

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
I will get back to you on this one so far I did one Coussins with prochem fine fabric prespray horse hair brush white towel after it looks good now for the other side I did a test with vonschrader esprit machine it dried ok leaving the material a bit more damp than the other method mentioned above so it was more stiff when dry now on mo day I am actually doing the job.i was able to get a cussin of the client because I know her I will post pictures after this and during

Reactions: wandwizard

JonathanGreg

Dec 15, 2019
Real Name
Jonathan Gregory
Employees wanted

The cleaning company SHEN is hiring!(location - Miami)

We provide cleaning services for private (houses, apartments, apartments) and commercial real estate (fitness centers, shops, government institutions, banks, etc)

At the moment we have hot vacancies:

cleaners
landscape designer
gardener
janitor
industrial climber

You can find out more detailed information, as well as send a resume through the website: https://shen-us.com/careers/
1920 E.Halandale Beach Blvd. #505 Halandale Beach, FL 33009
+1 305-778-6563
www.shen-us.com