Upholstery cleaning price | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Upholstery cleaning price

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Hi you all, I know every market is different and cost of doing business is different for everyone but, what are your prices for cleaning HWE these sectionals? All fabric, I cleaned the back too. I am charging $210 each for a $420 total.
IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I can pretty much guarantee there were guys charging that much 40 years ago, not kidding. There never has been nor will there ever be a set price for upholstery or really virtually anything done in our business. The only thing you need to worry about is 1. Was the customer willing to pay your fee? and 2. Were they happy with the work? Satisfy those two objectives and you're golden. I'm pretty sure whoever owns that sectional probably didn't balk at your price. I'm surprised sometimes when I quote and a customer says to me, "That's all?" It doesn't happen very often, but it really depends on the mindset of the customer and what THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY. If you find yourself losing job after job it might be advisable to think about adjusting your price a bit.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If I may offer my opinion.

I base my price on
Type of fiber, is the furniture found in a house or apartment. Truckmount or portable? Are there pets?
How many bottom and back cushions? are they removeable?

I know my price will sound crazy but I base it on me being a IICRC certified technician, fully insured and licensed to operate. I wear a uniform, arrive on time and will always Identify the fiber, and do a consultation first. I always follow the standards in cleaning upholstery.

I can charge by the hour or item
By hour its $175.00 per hour,

The price I would charge for the item that you have photo'd
would be at a minimum of $515.00 but could go up to $600.00

if it was really trashed
then it be $700 = $175 x 4 hours

And yes, I actually do charge these prices

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I usually keep it simple and tell them I charge $35 a section (section being where 1 person can comfortably sit).

If its heavily soiled and/or pet odors I charge $55.

In my market even the wealthy individuals probably wouldn't pay more than $400 for that couch to be cleaned.

Reactions: Rico1

majesticboy

Sep 30, 2020
Real Name
Alex Johnston
Indeed, $35 a section sound well and clients settle for your services faster at such a price

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I can pretty much guarantee there were guys charging that much 40 years ago, not kidding. There never has been nor will there ever be a set price for upholstery or really virtually anything done in our business. The only thing you need to worry about is 1. Was the customer willing to pay your fee? and 2. Were they happy with the work? Satisfy those two objectives and you're golden. I'm pretty sure whoever owns that sectional probably didn't balk at your price. I'm surprised sometimes when I quote and a customer says to me, "That's all?" It doesn't happen very often, but it really depends on the mindset of the customer and what THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY. If you find yourself losing job after job it might be advisable to think about adjusting your price a bit.
Good word!

SkylinePrints

Nov 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Real Name
Nathan
Business Location
United States
This thread is an interesting read. As several have pointed out, there is no standard. In fact, based on what I'm seeing, the prices seem to be stagnant as I've seen prices similar to this scale for the last 30 years. Expenses have gone up yet our overall industry pricing seems to remain flat. The only people I see consistently correcting for rising expenses are the big franchises which I know a lot of people on here love to hate.

In 1993, SS charged $79 for a full-size sofa. Now, I think it's $125.
sectional sofas then started at $125, now starts $200. (their pricing is market-dependent too. I'm in the Atlanta area)

I still see ads online and in my mailbox for people willing to clean sofas at $49-59.

I don't know of another industry.... wait... screen printing... that's another industry where prices have remained relatively flat with the exception of going to the larger print companies.

Each business must do its own thing and each has its own goals. I just find it interesting.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
This thread is an interesting read. As several have pointed out, there is no standard. In fact, based on what I'm seeing, the prices seem to be stagnant as I've seen prices similar to this scale for the last 30 years. Expenses have gone up yet our overall industry pricing seems to remain flat. The only people I see consistently correcting for rising expenses are the big franchises which I know a lot of people on here love to hate.

In 1993, SS charged $79 for a full-size sofa. Now, I think it's $125.
sectional sofas then started at $125, now starts $200. (their pricing is market-dependent too. I'm in the Atlanta area)

I still see ads online and in my mailbox for people willing to clean sofas at $49-59.

I don't know of another industry.... wait... screen printing... that's another industry where prices have remained relatively flat with the exception of going to the larger print companies.

Each business must do its own thing and each has its own goals. I just find it interesting.
And honestly the reason why the prices fluctuate is because NOT everyone who "cleans" actually cleans ( I wish so badly that everyone would actually clean)
You will NEVER see SS do a fiber ID, Or vacuum before cleaning, Let alone apply pre spray, agitate and rinse and repeat, till the fabric is actually clean. The majority of people and companies just run a rinse like bio, point blue or some other detergent, Its a no wonder why a lot of people see upholstery as a 15-20 minute job and they also charge pennies or a few bucks. That is why I charge what I charge.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet