Upgrades! Nautilus mx3-1200m and rotovac widetrack....

[email protected]

Jun 28, 2015
Real Name
W. White
Hi all, today I took my profits from last months work and reinvested it. I bought a rotovac widetrack off of craigslist, practically brandnew with several additional heads... $1000. I bought a Nautilus mx3-1200m from a local pawn shop, runs, no hoses, $1000. I feel pretty pleased. Yes I know the widetrack is not the most versatile wand, however, for the wide open rooms and hallways of the commercial spaces I tend to do, I should be good. I am on the hunt for a 360i as well.

I come to the hivemind to ask, will my 1200PSI tile/grout/floodwater extractor work well for carpet? (I didn't realize the M model was the water extraction one til after I bought it.... Whats the best source for hoses and pressure lines online? Whats a good wand for the tight spaces and corners I'll be missing? How'd I do? Thanks.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wide track, tho a great unit, may be a little overkill for a porty. I'd test it out for a bit first to tweak it. For tile and grout get some Groutmaster and a tile wand and use 600-800 psi. Interlink or https://shop.truckmountforums.com for hoses. And the TMF best portable wand. Then your good to go.

Reactions: [email protected]

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Hi all, today I took my profits from last months work and reinvested it. I bought a rotovac widetrack off of craigslist, practically brandnew with several additional heads... $1000. I bought a Nautilus mx3-1200m from a local pawn shop, runs, no hoses, $1000. I feel pretty pleased. Yes I know the widetrack is not the most versatile wand, however, for the wide open rooms and hallways of the commercial spaces I tend to do, I should be good. I am on the hunt for a 360i as well.

I come to the hivemind to ask, will my 1200PSI tile/grout/floodwater extractor work well for carpet? (I didn't realize the M model was the water extraction one til after I bought it.... Whats the best source for hoses and pressure lines online? Whats a good wand for the tight spaces and corners I'll be missing? How'd I do? Thanks.
I have two of the same machine, M means machine only no hoses sold with the machine. If the model were MXE it would be an extractor. The three means three stage vacuums. I use mine for carpet all the time with a 13.5 inch wand on parallel setting

[email protected]

Jun 28, 2015
Real Name
W. White
So i just bought a ninja 400 with an evolution wand and hoses for 550 last night. I know that's a pretty good deal on the ninja but i had no idea what an evolution wand was. At first i was kinda disappointed in a plastic wand then i looked it up and was like.... Ohhhhhh. So how'd i do again? My thoughts with the second machine were too have a helper getting the edges, corners as tighter areas while i did the main thoroughfares. Also a back up machine seems prudent. I'm going to use both machines on a really greasy restaurant carpet tonight. Wish me luck.

[email protected]

Jun 28, 2015
Real Name
W. White
The restaurant had very hot water available that definitely aided in my cleaning. I used a diluted degreaser prespray and then Liquid Slurry to clean. The grease melted away in most areas with 2-3 passes, sometimes one was all that was needed. It had been 6 months since the last cleaning and the owner was overall very satisfied with the job and I have a repeat scheduled for november.

The Nautilus and the Wide Track seem to be a very capable combo. I was not as impressed with the ninja but its much lower psi and much lower lift. It will be good for less soiled jobs so I can split my cleaning between me and my helper. I do need to get a hose for my auto-fill feature, refills killed me on time.

All in all I'm very satisfied and excited to use my new equipment.