Upgrade Grit Brush for the 175 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Upgrade Grit Brush for the 175

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Can't comment on the green but I know the orange can strip old color seal if you heel it into the grout lines on wider spaced lines. When you need that you really need it.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Can't comment on the green but I know the orange can strip old color seal if you heel it into the grout lines on wider spaced lines. When you need that you really need it.
Good to know!

Have a Saltillo tile job coming up and they used that freagin Home Depot grout junk

Any tips for removing color seal?

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Good to know!

Have a Saltillo tile job coming up and they used that freagin Home Depot grout junk

Any tips for removing color seal?
Ha! Thats exactly what I removed that time with the orange brush- the stupid home depot grout pen thing. People never surface prep for it either, they just use it to paint over all the dirt. Then they don't tell you about it and you discover it as you start cleaning because it was hiding under all the new dirt.
I'd say pre spray with strong alkaline, scrub with the orange brush, then blast each grout line with single jet gekko wand using highest heat and pressure possible. Make sure the brush won't damage that clay tile though.. not sure how soft it is?
I tried stripper but it made no difference compared to normal alkaline pre spray.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Ha! Thats exactly what I removed that time with the orange brush- the stupid home depot grout pen thing. People never surface prep for it either, they just use it to paint over all the dirt. Then they don't tell you about it and you discover it as you start cleaning because it was hiding under all the new dirt.
I'd say pre spray with strong alkaline, scrub with the orange brush, then blast each grout line with single jet gekko wand using highest heat and pressure possible. Make sure the brush won't damage that clay tile though.. not sure how soft it is?
I tried stripper but it made no difference compared to normal alkaline pre spray.
Need to check it next week

WizCleanPdx

May 25, 2015
Portland, OR
www.wizardcleaning-pdx.com
Real Name
Jack Starr
Business Location
United States
do you guys use the mal grit on vct?
I got one about a month ago. Along with stripper, It works great on VCT. I don't have a tank on my 175, so I use a water can to add water after the initial rip of the emulsified finish. It helps to flush it out and allows me to rip more finish from the floor.

I am convinced that stripping with a brush is way better than with black pads.

Reactions: PistolPete

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
MAL-GRIT™ brushes offer solutions to a wide range of cleaning situations. Silicone carbide impregnated nylon bristles are self-replenishing as brush wears, offering unmatched value that outlasts floor pads over 100 to 1! That translates directly into time and cost savings. Featuring our water and chemical resistant TUFF-BLOCK® for maximum life expectancy. All grit brushes must be run in a wet environment. Trim Length: 1-1/2".

A. MAL-GRIT LITE™
Offers the durability of grit brushes with minimum aggression. For daily scrubbing of a variety of tiles, marble, terrazzo and non-slip epoxy finishes.

B. CLEAN-GRIT™
An excellent general scrubbing brush for frequent maintenance cleaning. Flexible enough for cleaning narrow grout lines and uneven surfaces.

C. MAL-GRIT SCRUB™
Ideal for daily scrubbing and maintenance. While the smaller diameter bristles offer flexibility, the larger grit size offers exceptional scrubbing.

D. MAL-GRIT™
Our most popular grit brush. An aggressive brush for general scrubbing or stripping finishes from hard surfaces. Effectively cleans wide grout lines.

E. MAL-GRIT EXTRA™
The most aggressive grit available. This heavy gauge nylon with larger grit is used for stripping heavily soiled floors, such as concrete floors in an industrial setting.

So I have 4 of the blue clean grit brushes, Well I dropped mine so I need to replace it,,, Has anyone tried the green malgrit brush???
the blue grit cleans the grout good but I would think the green one will do a better job,,,

Does anyone have a green Mal grit Brush??
im going to get the b or the blue one who sells them though

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
got my blue from powerflite

no problems yet

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
im going to get the b or the blue one who sells them though
when I buy one of these malish grit brushes does it come with the correct clutch plate or do I have to cut it myself , cause I would rather have them do it for me

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
got my blue from powerflite

no problems yet
I will most likely get it from there but I found them cheaper but it looks like unless I can order it with the clutch plate and riser installed ,, powrflite it is

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I used my black Malish brush for satillo Tile and vct strip. Worked fantastic.
I bought mine on Amazon from Gunn Brush Co. Best price anywhere that I could find

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I bought mine on Amazon from Gunn Brush Co. Best price anywhere that I could find
thank you for that I was just scouring the internet again ,,, scrubber city has great prices too

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
did you pay 85 bucks for it? wood or plastic brush

great prices but it wont give me a option of brush size

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Are the Powr-Flite and Malish grit brushes the same?
Based on the photos in their respective websites they look the same to me, am talking about the actual bristles. Anyone familiar with both?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Would the malish blue (clean-grit) be too aggressive for scrubbing/cleaning travertine and/or limestone? I know it’s labeled “clean-grit”, I just got one intended to be used on cleaning natural stone floors but the bristles seem to be almost too stiff for scrubbing stone just for cleaning.
Does it have to be run dry on concrete to be broken-in like some other brushes?