unusual situation I had | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

unusual situation I had

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
A day before I have ran my pump with vinegar, I usually rinse the vinegar out of the line but for some reason some left in my line. At the first job the next day here I am ready to extract, I started right at the register area, the very first thing that came out of my wand is the last of the vinegar which was left. It left a yellow/brown line on the carpet, I try to remove it using a normal stain remover and it did improve, how ever it dried a little more darker color when it dried, and today the customer called me to notify me about the stain. She is an oldie and has no technology to take a pic of the stain but this happened from that vinegar sat in my line over night. I will go back to remove the stain, what do I need to use? dry cleaner? high ph prespray since it is an acid?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
White distilled vinegar? What was the carpet? I've seen it once were carpet darkened like it was browning. But it dried fine.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Look something like this? Top corner towards me is wet carpet. Untouched area is brighter.
tapatalk_1527116625338.jpeg

Yes I trampled it lol. I was trying to get other angles to see if it changed by light.

Reactions: Cody G

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Look something like this? Top corner towards me is wet carpet. Untouched area is brighter. View attachment 77874
Yes I trampled it lol. I was trying to get other angles to see if it changed by light.
yes looks like that yellowish brownish but only a 14" thin line from the wand when the jets hit the carpet.

Yes it was a white vinegar which I have used to run my pump.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Try straight ammonia on a small fraction of the stain and then towel dry. I'm betting it goes away in front of your eyes.
I would definitely try the ammonia thing first but if it didn't come out I would use an acid rince or cleaner on it and if that didn't work than I would use a strong peroxide paste on it,,, Usually yellow stains are a bear to remove.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Try straight ammonia on a small fraction of the stain and then towel dry. I'm betting it goes away in front of your eyes.
Jim I have never used ammonia before but I will consider it. I do have a brown out that cleans yellow brownish stains like from coffee or from browning. That may do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody G

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I don't get some customers, all this time the stains right on the middle of the carpet did not bother her but a small stain right beside the register that is hidden behind the table not visible that bothers her.

Attachments

• pissedmeoff1.jpg
    pissedmeoff1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 174
  • pissedmeoff2.jpg
    pissedmeoff2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 159

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I don't get some customers, all this time the stains right on the middle of the carpet did not bother her but a small stain right beside the register that is hidden behind the table not visible that bothers her.
Lol did you show her or did she find it

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Try some rust remover. The vinegar may have broken down some rust inside your hose and then you sprayed the rust onto the carpet.

I doubt vinegar would cause browning since vinegar is an acid similar to most professional acid rinses if anything vinegar would remove browning. This is why I’m thinking it may be rust.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Try some rust remover. The vinegar may have broken down some rust inside your hose and then you sprayed the rust onto the carpet.

I doubt vinegar would cause browning since vinegar is an acid similar to most professional acid rinses if anything vinegar would remove browning. This is why I’m thinking it may be rust.
Makes sense Todd, for a second thought I think it was rust because on the very first trigger I thought I saw rust but then I tried to clean it with a stain remover and got alot brighter and almost not noticeable and left it like that. I ran out of rust remover, I need to get one for this job.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Lol her cleaning lady found it. When I cleaned it, barely was visible.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ah she threw you under the bus .
Lol I know what you are saying.

But I do take the blame because it's my fault. I got to go and fix it. I will update with pictures. May God help me. This is a nervous situation for me because I didn't had any complaints for a long time now and once they come then makes me feel nervous, something like I am not used to.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ah she threw you under the bus .
Lol I know what you are saying.

But I do take the blame because it's my fault. I got to go and fix it. I will update with pictures. May God help me. This is a nervous situation for me because I didn't had any complaints for a long time now and once they come then makes me feel nervous, something like I am not used to.
Things happen. It's how we learn. You have to make mistakes before you can learn from them. At least here you can tell your story so others can learn from it. And hopefully avoid it. Or how to correct it.
You are right for owning up to it. You correct it. The customer will like that you stand behind your work. And will use you again. Then keep your eye on this cleaning lady

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Makes sense Todd, for a second thought I think it was rust because on the very first trigger I thought I saw rust but then I tried to clean it with a stain remover and got alot brighter and almost not noticeable and left it like that. I ran out of rust remover, I need to get one for this job.

Go to your grocery store and get Whink rust remover. Best stuff I’ve ever used. I actually order it by the 6 pack from Amazon.

BAADC403-85FB-4A1E-A18D-60FB15E414BD.jpeg