Unsatisfactory upholstery job...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I used prochem upholstery pre spray with very little luck. I then spayed with grand slam and grout master and it showed a little more improvement. Does this look as clean as it can get? I’m assuming theses chairs are like a nylon or poly. No tags. View attachment 88357View attachment 88358View attachment 88359
Is that old blood or red dye on the seat?
You must've been desperate to use such strong chemistry on upholstery. I believe that you would have more luck with a protein remover . Hard to say from the pic, but was there candle wax present ? The outline of the stain is very clean , looks like candle wax droplet....

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I used prochem upholstery pre spray with very little luck. I then spayed with grand slam and grout master and it showed a little more improvement. Does this look as clean as it can get? I’m assuming theses chairs are like a nylon or poly. No tags. View attachment 88357View attachment 88358View attachment 88359
I’d try a little coffee stain remover/reducer on it. Test a little area and see if that brown moves. Regardless your gonna want to rinse that piece with an acid side rinse.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I’d try a little coffee stain remover/reducer on it. Test a little area and see if that brown moves. Regardless your gonna want to rinse that piece with an acid side rinse.
I'll try that when I return the rug. Do you spray and extract or leave it? I always run an acid rinse.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Is that old blood or red dye on the seat?
You must've been desperate to use such strong chemistry on upholstery. I believe that you would have more luck with a protein remover . Hard to say from the pic, but was there candle wax present ? The outline of the stain is very clean , looks like candle wax droplet....
I was desperate. I think those spots could probably be some kind of make-up/paint. The customer has little kids and she didn't seem to be overly concerned about the staining on the furniture but I was expecting to put a little more life back into the upholstery.

What's a good protein remover? With the pre spray being an alkaline wouldn't it emulsify anything organic? Protein.

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
If Craftex is available in your area, try Craftex Multisolv or Craftex Degreaser. Nothing works better. Also great for sofa cleaning.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I was desperate. I think those spots could probably be some kind of make-up/paint. The customer has little kids and she didn't seem to be overly concerned about the staining on the furniture but I was expecting to put a little more life back into the upholstery.

What's a good protein remover? With the pre spray being an alkaline wouldn't it emulsify anything organic? Protein.

There are so many on the market. I've been using Prochem for years. One for protein, one for tannin related problems.
Protein and stain spotter is the name.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I'll try that when I return the rug. Do you spray and extract or leave it? I always run an acid rinse.
If it’s synthetic you don’t have to rinse but I would given it’s a chair. Just blot it with a wet towel. Just follow the directions on the bottle. I use Chemspec Coffee and tannin remover. Works real good on browning.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Synthetic my go to first is a shot of oxidizer (percarbonate) mixed warm into cold avenge hd self neutralizing prespray and on naturals a reducer like Haitian cotton. If you don't have avenge hd on the rig get some, the stuff is made to stay topsides and definitely Tom's second best formulation!!!

Reactions: brian3180

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
My gut is telling that this is going to be a tough one. On one hand , you can clean hell out of this material , on the other , stain is so pronounced that seems to be untouched by cleaning ( perhaps I'm getting wrong impression from the picture) The color is blueberry, black berry like , but I might be mistaken. Have you tried a drop of the Solv Ink ( ink remover) @brian3180 ?
Definitely, let us know if any advice turned out to be helpful or we're all shooting in the dark.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
My gut is telling that this is going to be a tough one. On one hand , you can clean hell out of this material , on the other , stain is so pronounced that seems to be untouched by cleaning ( perhaps I'm getting wrong impression from the picture) The color is blueberry, black berry like , but I might be mistaken. Have you tried a drop of the Solv Ink ( ink remover) @brian3180 ?
Definitely, let us know if any advice turned out to be helpful or we're all shooting in the dark.
I will most definitely let you know how it comes out. I'm going to spot treat it with tannin remover when I deliver her rug. I've not use ink remover in years. I use to always carry that on me. Much thanks for all your input.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Synthetic my go to first is a shot of oxidizer (percarbonate) mixed warm into cold avenge hd self neutralizing prespray and on naturals a reducer like Haitian cotton. If you don't have avenge hd on the rig get some, the stuff is made to stay topsides and definitely Tom's second best formulation!!!
I have some cotton fringe cleaner made by Bridgepoint. Would that be comparable to Haitian cotton?