Unfortunate and nasty job | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Unfortunate and nasty job

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
No blood or fluids I would have just cleaned it and collect $200 for the landing alone .
This is a grey area I have looked into it as well . Like being certified to go to the MOON and clean the toilet up there yeah I'm certified .

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
No blood or fluids I would have just cleaned it and collect $200 for the landing alone .
This is a grey area I have looked into it as well . Like being certified to go to the MOON and clean the toilet up there yeah I'm certified .
Hey Joe..Easy on the 'MOON' Jokes bro!

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr
I thought about it. My final price was $350 which I mentioned to the guy. And for that they could have it replaced. It was a small 6x6 landing.

I really didn't want to do the job. For $350 it's still not worth it for me. That's really gross.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I gave all the information I had. Use your imagination...someone died on he carpet.

Thanks for the breakdown though.

I ended up passing on the job. Recommended they get it replaced, and left it at that. They just wanted it looking good for family coming in, but I told them for the money I would charge would be better to put that towards new carpet.

I would likely have gone out to at least see it for myself. If the person just passed and the body was removed rather quickly I don't see a problem with it if there were no blood or other bodily fluids. I know I'd go ahead and clean and spray a disinfectant down after. If bodily fluids were present I'd pass and recommend they replace the carpet. I simply have no desire to ever do anything like that ever again. Good money in it, but 250. WOULD NOT CUT IT. Not even close. That kind of thing REQUIRES special training. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS about it. Takes a special sort of person to do it though. I'm not that special! :D