Turbo hybrid 12 inch spinners | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Turbo hybrid 12 inch spinners

We won it 5 times

Oct 11, 2014
Real Name
Ian brownston
Hi guys, I hope someone can give me some advice.
I have a brand new 12 inch turbo hybrid to work alongside my 12 inch mytee spinner. I have noticed that the mytee spins at least twice as fast as the hybrid when the truckmount is set at 1200psi. When I release the trigger on the hybrid the bar comes to a complete stop in 5 seconds where as the mytee is still spinning well after this time. I just feel that it’s not right that the bar runs so slowly.
Filter and jets are both clear.

Also how do I remove the jets when I do get a blockage as I tried with a spanner and they won’t shift.
Cheers guys
Ian

Reactions: RickeyClean

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Hi guys, I hope someone can give me some advice.
I have a brand new 12 inch turbo hybrid to work alongside my 12 inch mytee spinner. I have noticed that the mytee spins at least twice as fast as the hybrid when the truckmount is set at 1200psi. When I release the trigger on the hybrid the bar comes to a complete stop in 5 seconds where as the mytee is still spinning well after this time. I just feel that it’s not right that the bar runs so slowly.
Filter and jets are both clear.

Also how do I remove the jets when I do get a blockage as I tried with a spanner and they won’t shift.
Cheers guys
Ian
If it’s brand new I would send it back as defective. I’ve been using the turbo hybrid for years without any problems. When I let off the triger it spins for at least 15-20 seconds. I’m guessing it’s a defective swivel.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If it’s brand new I would send it back as defective. I’ve been using the turbo hybrid for years without any problems. When I let off the triger it spins for at least 15-20 seconds. I’m guessing it’s a defective swivel.

15-20 seconds? Do you have it off the ground when getting those spin times?

Reactions: Brian P. and Luky

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
15-20 seconds? Do you have it off the ground when getting those spin times?
That’s just what I’ve noticed when I occasionally turn the spinner upside down (outside of course) to check that everything is working properly.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was wondering cause the floor caused mine to stop in a few seconds.

Reactions: Luky

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I was wondering cause the floor cause mine to stop in a few seconds.

I’m not sure exactly how long it spins but m sure it’s more than 5 seconds. I’ll hook up the spinner and check tomorrow.

Reactions: rob allen

We won it 5 times

Oct 11, 2014
Real Name
Ian brownston
Hi Todd and Rob thanks for getting involved in the discussion really appreciate it.
Todd I look forward to your findings.
Cheers
Ian

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
TMI (not my favorite MFG) has a

Very different type of spinner that I dont think anyone has (manly cause its patented)

They use what they call FAST they use it on their chettah or hydro blade or something like that.

anyhow they spin the bar towards the surface not away.

Their spinners must be spinning freely. I dont own one but this thread made me think of it.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Wait I got totally side tracked with the above posting

When doing maintenance I apply a thin film or a teflon high temp/PSI grease lubricant. Maybe that might help?

Reactions: Luky

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
My spinner will spin for about 10 seconds after I let off the trigger. When I spin it by hand it spins freely almost no drag. As for clogged jets my spinner has never had it happen to the spinner. Happens all the time to the bonzer. I think because the jets are much smaller on the bonzer.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
“The swivels in both tools are from the same manufacturer period when a tool is new the swivel is somewhat stiff and must be loosened up by use. The mighty spinner he has already loosened up and Spins freely the turbo being new has not loosened up. I also found my T's spinner has a steeper angle which induces a faster spin. This is not necessarily a better thing.

Spinning fast means it does not impact the floor long enough to be as effective removing soils. Upping pressure was always my solution as I have plenty to go around on my machine. If his truck mount does not have more than 1200 PSI then that is that. If he can push more out his machine then do so.

The fear of hurting grout is falsely centered on a few experiences with bad grout not too much pressure being able to damage healthy grout. Both heat and use will loosen the swivel seals and bearings within the unit. It is recommended that you use the turbo at a slower travel Pace until it loosens up.

As far as the question of removing Jets turbo was assembled with soft set Loctite the best way to change a jet is remove spray bar from the swivel hub using a 3/4 inch stubby wrench under the sea spray bar. Once the spray bar is removed place the 90-degree elbow in a vice or opposing crescent wrench use a box end wrench to remove the jet.

Remember use teflon tape when reassembling and not try to over tighten an additional turn to get a deep seat as cracking the elbow may result.

By the way stubby wrenches aren't usually sold separately so I purchase a cheap Harbor Freight wrench and chop it off with an angle grinder in a bench vise so I have my dedicated three quarter inch stubby wrench that is unless you happen to have a Snap-On Tools account where you can buy one of any wrench you could ever want”.

We won it 5 times

Oct 11, 2014
Real Name
Ian brownston
“The swivels in both tools are from the same manufacturer period when a tool is new the swivel is somewhat stiff and must be loosened up by use. The mighty spinner he has already loosened up and Spins freely the turbo being new has not loosened up. I also found my T's spinner has a steeper angle which induces a faster spin. This is not necessarily a better thing.

Spinning fast means it does not impact the floor long enough to be as effective removing soils. Upping pressure was always my solution as I have plenty to go around on my machine. If his truck mount does not have more than 1200 PSI then that is that. If he can push more out his machine then do so.

The fear of hurting grout is falsely centered on a few experiences with bad grout not too much pressure being able to damage healthy grout. Both heat and use will loosen the swivel seals and bearings within the unit. It is recommended that you use the turbo at a slower travel Pace until it loosens up.

As far as the question of removing Jets turbo was assembled with soft set Loctite the best way to change a jet is remove spray bar from the swivel hub using a 3/4 inch stubby wrench under the sea spray bar. Once the spray bar is removed place the 90-degree elbow in a vice or opposing crescent wrench use a box end wrench to remove the jet.

Remember use teflon tape when reassembling and not try to over tighten an additional turn to get a deep seat as cracking the elbow may result.

By the way stubby wrenches aren't usually sold separately so I purchase a cheap Harbor Freight wrench and chop it off with an angle grinder in a bench vise so I have my dedicated three quarter inch stubby wrench that is unless you happen to have a Snap-On Tools account where you can buy one of any wrench you could ever want”.
Thank you Rob and Travis for your replies.

I hooked up both yesterday and ran them for 30 seconds each then measured the water that came out of both, they were identical amounts which pleased me.

Rob I will take on board what you have said and continue to use it.

Thanks again
Ian

Reactions: rob allen

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
BTW, the trigger gun assembly for the turbo tool spinner is available on Amazon for around $20.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
BTW, the trigger gun assembly for the turbo tool spinner is available on Amazon for around $20.
I'm trying to find it, Amazon is spitting out everything but gun assembly. Can you point me at right direction.
Appreciate it...can use one right now foe for my back up spinner.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I'm trying to find it, Amazon is spitting out everything but gun assembly. Can you point me at right direction.
Appreciate it...can use one right now for for my back up spinner.