Tufted Viscose Area Rug complete with Pet Stains! Any hope?..At all?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tufted Viscose Area Rug complete with Pet Stains! Any hope?..At all??

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
SMH..(I should of brushed up before hand and been prepared to turn this one down) but I didn't so is there any hope for a result or to be able to clean it?

Up front, due to being viscose, I did tell the customer that I was going to have to research how to treat it. I just forgot that this was also the infamous one also known as "art silk" and this is really a walk away for me now, I think as far as my (or anyones?) capabilities.

I have since called her and let her know this may not be possible but currently I am researching a plan of attack.

Can you hear the drumrolll??>..... My Esteemed Colleagues of the Forum Universe. I ask you, what do you say? (pics attached)

Attachments

• viscose.jpg
    viscose.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 170
  • viscose 1.jpg
    viscose 1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 168
  • viscose 2.jpg
    viscose 2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 178
  • viscose 4.jpg
    viscose 4.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 182

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Rug is ruined anyway
Clean it see what happens...
Tell the customer it’s ruined....maybe you can improve it.

Vacuum it like crazy
Make up an Acid Rinse prespray from something like Flex Ice
Wet it evenly
Extract it evenly with flex ice in your solution
Dry it with air movers as fast as possible....

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't do a thing to that w/o a signed waiver. The thing about many of those rugs, besides being a complete ripoff, is some of them are being sold as if they were the real deal. Hopefully, she didn't get ripped off too bad on a rug I consider to be a throw-away piece of garbage. I think the staining is more than likely permanent and the rug in all reality is ruined. I would approach it like that with a signed waiver. No waiver no cleaning takes place, period. Some improvement in appearance and possibly odor is about the most hope for it. Otherwise, I'd say it a complete loss. Let it be her loss and not your loss. Viscose should never have been invented. It's a cheaply made imitation of the real thing. I personally wish it was outlawed for sale in the U.S.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Its done and permanently stained. The more you try to correct it the worse it can get. Dont get involved unless you cover your asp

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Its done and permanently stained. The more you try to correct it the worse it can get. Dont get involved unless you cover your asp
Long washed my hands of it. After 5 weeks of having her rug she called to ask what was going on with it. Returning it was the order of business. She wanted it and I delivered it back to her!