Trying to get in the MAPS of Google

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eddie P

Jan 26, 2017
Real Name
Eddie Pettengill
Hey Guys, i've been plugging away at trying to get my business showing in the top 3 of Maps on Google. I know it's all about reviews, citations, and also your organic ranking helps, but is there anything else you guys are doing to push to the top? Check my site out if you'd like. Cleaning&RestorationPortStLucie

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
SEO, and good luck. Most keyword searches like 'carpet cleaning' + town are going to list the big boys who pay. Just my opinion but I don't waste my time anymore.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hey Guys, i've been plugging away at trying to get my business showing in the top 3 of Maps on Google. I know it's all about reviews, citations, and also your organic ranking helps, but is there anything else you guys are doing to push to the top? Check my site out if you'd like. Cleaning&RestorationPortStLucie
Eddie,
Your website has the design of someone that is always spamming this board. However, since this is a good question won't remove your link, Yet.

I love Google Webmaster Tools... Make sure you're using them - they are free... Getting in the top 3 is hard but possible..

Use this tool to check your website

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

I ran the tool along with another and you have a few mistakes that are easily fixed.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
The 3 pack is on the way to becoming paid ads - big G has been testing this already. So it will become a pay to play platform.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
The 3 pack is on the way to becoming paid ads - big G has been testing this already. So it will become a pay to play platform.
If we dont pay will we only be visible by clicking "see more"?

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
If we dont pay will we only be visible by clicking "see more"?
Maybe - not fully rolled out yet. May not hit every industry - I think plumbers were the firs test. Hopefully we as cleaners will not fall under this - have to watch.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Maybe - not fully rolled out yet. May not hit every industry - I think plumbers were the firs test. Hopefully we as cleaners will not fall under this - have to watch.
Lets hope we are not effected, Google already makes a ton on ads as it is.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Christopher
I pay ad iq to put my at the top three of maps. They also do a website. My business isn't always on the top 3 but it's on it once in a while. For top three, websites, seo they charging me $150 month. Just started with them two months ago. So far 0 leads from the map and 0 website clicks from the map listing. Worth it just for the seo? Idk.