Trying to get in the MAPS of Google | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Trying to get in the MAPS of Google

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Eddie P, Jan 26, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Eddie P

Eddie P New Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys, i've been plugging away at trying to get my business showing in the top 3 of Maps on Google. I know it's all about reviews, citations, and also your organic ranking helps, but is there anything else you guys are doing to push to the top? Check my site out if you'd like. Cleaning&RestorationPortStLucie

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    SEO, and good luck. Most keyword searches like 'carpet cleaning' + town are going to list the big boys who pay. Just my opinion but I don't waste my time anymore.

3. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,093 / 4 / -0
    Eddie,
    Your website has the design of someone that is always spamming this board. However, since this is a good question won't remove your link, Yet.

I love Google Webmaster Tools... Make sure you're using them - they are free... Getting in the top 3 is hard but possible..

Use this tool to check your website

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

I ran the tool along with another and you have a few mistakes that are easily fixed.

• Like Like x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,574 / 3 / -0
    The 3 pack is on the way to becoming paid ads - big G has been testing this already. So it will become a pay to play platform.

5. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,721 / 84 / -0
    If we dont pay will we only be visible by clicking "see more"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,574 / 3 / -0
    Maybe - not fully rolled out yet. May not hit every industry - I think plumbers were the firs test. Hopefully we as cleaners will not fall under this - have to watch.

7. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,721 / 84 / -0
    Lets hope we are not effected, Google already makes a ton on ads as it is.

8. the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,574 / 3 / -0
    Yep! They do have stock holders to answer too so they are always looking to make more $!

9. igare

igare Active Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Male
    Carpet cleaner
    Chicago
    Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    In 5 years maps will be a dinosaur, voice recognition commands will be the chit , game changer , google and apple leading the field.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums[/

• Like Like x 1
  10. Predict

Predict Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I pay ad iq to put my at the top three of maps. They also do a website. My business isn't always on the top 3 but it's on it once in a while. For top three, websites, seo they charging me $150 month. Just started with them two months ago. So far 0 leads from the map and 0 website clicks from the map listing. Worth it just for the seo? Idk.